EX2 Ultra OS5 firmware upgrade broke "Apps"

My EX2 Ultra was working well prior to the OS5 upgrade. Now the “Apps” tab is broken. The issue is an empty “app_info.json” file in /var/www/xml. The page’s javascript fails with a null reference on the empty result.

I confirmed this issue by copying in a working app_info.json file from one of my PR-4100’s. The Apps screen then loads the listing of apps fine.

This is extra problematic for me because I use the remote backup feature, which seems to have now moved from a first class option to an optional “app”. Since Apps is broken, I have no way to install and configure my remote backups.

Please fix ASAP or supply a workaround in the form a correct app_info.json file that I can drop onto the NAS or a BIN file download for the “Remote Backup” app so that I can install it manually.

Thanks!

@greinard We’re working on the Apps Loading… issue. The article below contains the steps and links to the 3rd party apps that you can download and install manually.

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29960

Thank you SBrown. I was able to install the Remote Backup app on my EX2 Ultra now.

However, I am now seeing issues with the Remote Backup app on both my EX2 Ultra and PR-4100 not actually syncing any files. Also, one of my PR-4100’s seems to be having issues with NTP. I will open different threads for those issues though.

I must say, I’ve used the prior OS for many years without issue. This OS5 upgrade has caused me nothing but problems so far. I hope folks there are taking it seriously that they dropped a new piece of software on us that seems very unstable to say the least.