EX2 remote help!

Thank you for your reply.  

I actually had already tried that.  I deleted anything related to WD or WD MyCloud that I could find both by searching, manually scanning throught the programs installed on the HD and I even scoured my registry keys to see if some a fragment of the program was still left and causing a problem.  I redownloaded the software from the website and still no change.  It prompts me to accept permissions which I do.  Then it claims it has finished installation almost instantly.  I click finish and nothing happens.  Nothing shows up- no new programs installed, etc.  It’s driving me CRAZY!!!

Meanwhile I went through and double checked the ports in my router and made sure they were open.  Everything looked good. 

I also stumbled across these instructions:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud-EX2/Web-Access-using-browser-only/m-p/713316#M226

After following these instructions, I am able to access Mycloud dashboard by my windows 7 PC when I am not on my home network (using the mobile hotspot on my phone).  This leads me to believe it’s more of a software issue at this point.  Any additional suggestions??  

At this point I don’t even care if I use the “MyCloud Desktop App”- I just want to be able to freely access my files remotely.   I did manually map my EX2 to access using windows while on my home network.  

On a side note- thanks for escalating my case to the second tier.