ex2 power schedule and other comments

My solution to device fail was to buy another ex2 to use it only as a backup. remember that a NAS is only a storage solution and it should also be backed up. RAID is NOT backup, it’s redundancy.

As for the LED turn off option, best thing ever. Not everyone keeps the device in a separate room or in an IT room. Mine is in my bedroom and let me tell you that those leds can be very bright at night and makes you wanna trow the ex2 out the window. I turned the LEDs off and life is way better. So it has a practical application.

Also, if the device is powered off, you can use the WOL to wake up the NAS. I have an Asus rt AC68u router that has WOL. I can wake up my nas from my smartphone or from my router’s GUI. You can also try and use online sites if your router doesn’t support WOL.

Power scheduler on ex2 is very limited and we made alot of topics about this and posts in the suggestion board. M A Y B E the next update will rethink that, since WD doesn’t have to invent this thing. ( @ WD — just take a look at Micro$oft or other companies :)  )

61501768.jpg

1 Like