Event title:Power Supply Failure Event code:1020

I have a DL4100.  So far I lke it, but it recently starting sending the following messages.  WD sent me a new power brick, but it’s doing the same thing.  Anyone else having this issue?  I’m wondering if I should return (Amazon) it instead of working with them to fix/rma it.  When talking to their technical support, it was in South America, and they told me to go buy another power supply myself! They couldn’t send me one.  (its 2 weeks old)  I had to raise the issue to a supervisor and then to a manager in the US.  They shipped it overnight.  This experience worries about their commitment to support.

I dont know whats goin on with all the smiley faces, I didn’t put them there!

Following events are generated on your WDMyCloudDL4100 NAS.

Event title:Power Supply Failure

Event description:Power supply 1 failed. Check power supply.

Severity:warning

Event code:1022

Event time:07-11-2015 05:58:20 AM

Firmware version:            1.06.133

Event title:System Shutting Down

Event description:The system is shutting down.

Severity:critical

Event code:2020

Event time:07-10-2015 10:34:59 AM

Event description:Power supply 2 failed. Check power supply.

Event time:07-09-2015 05:32:40 PM

Event description:Power supply 1 failed. Check power supply.

Event time:07-09-2015 02:06:57 PM

Are you actually using two power supplies?

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Are you actually using two power supplies?

No.  I have two now, but I’m only using one at a time. 

They thought the original power supply was the issue.  But the new one does the same thing.  BTW, the new one is a differnet manufacturer.  They both output 19V but the original was 4.74A and the new one is 6.32A.  Not that it made a difference, I still get the same error.  Also, through all this, it continues to work.  I have been wondering if it has something to do with the latest firmware that installed a week or so ago.

My 30 days are almost up with Amazon (it actually shipped from Beach Audio).  I’m thinking of returning it and getting a Synology or QNAP.  Not sure what to do, I have a couple more days though.  I just dont want to get in the middle of an RMA thing with WD and have that 30 day window expire.

Another think I noticed with the replacement power supply.  When putting the powers supply into port#2 on the NAS, the power buttong is not turning red and the LED is not telling me there is an error.  I still am getting emails though.

If you swap ports it can only get confused.  As it had power on port 1 at some time so how is it to know it is unpluged or not working.  Have you tried to dismiss/delete the alerts from the main page?

First MyBook external lasted a few months, then died completely: no light, no spinning.
Replacement MyBook arrived after some weeks. Lasted three months and same thing happened. In both cases, the power brick was fine. WD are not replying to my requests for support. Some backup, eh?

How did you attempt to contact them? Our system has been changing since the last time you had activity back in May.

Hello Bill. Thankyou. I used the original email address for Stanislav, and my messages did not bounce. Eventually I tracked down your ceo in USA and his very helpful colleague, Jim, got it all sorted from over there. Replacement drive arrived today December 23. Have to find a moment later today to test, but I should be lucky third time around, surely?
With seasonal regards, Howard.

Glad to hear it got sorted. Happy Holidays.

Hi I got 5 of these today and have been getting them for a couple of months any ideas?
Following events are generated on your WDMyCloudEX4100 .

Event title:Virus Found

Event description:Anti-Virus Basics: Virus scan completed and there is virus found. Please check the virus scan report for details.

Event code:1502

Event time:02-25-2017 08:31:46 PM

Firmware version: 2.21.126