Event ID 51 logged when returning from standby/sleep mode, Memeo Background Service error

• The setup :

* My Book Essential 2TB, USB 2.0

* Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP3 is out of question, unfortunately)

• The Event ID problem :

http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=51&eventno=793&source=Disk&phase=1 (all the relevant information on this ID)

This seems to be logged into the system log in event viewer every time the disk returns from standby/sleep state. Usually it’s just one entry, but sometimes there’s more of them (two or three, not dozens).

I know this:

* it’s not logged on Windows 7 (I tested this on my laptop)

* it’s logged with and without SmartWare

* it’s not logged on WD My Book 500GB or 1TB (if they even have similar sleep modes, I think they don’t?)

One way to go round this problem would be disabling the sleep mode from SmartWare’s settings, but is this really a wise way to go round the problem? I’d guess the sleep mode is there to optimize disk health. Is there any difference to an idle state disk though, other than power related? The disk is my main storage and docked 24/7 and in use several hours every day, so I want to make sure it doesn’t fail at any point.

The warning itself doesn’t seem to do anything special, it’s just there as a small nuisance. I’m sure the disk’s health is OK, it’s less than a week old. I’ve done scandisk and the like.

So should I just ignore this error, disable the sleep state or is there something else I could do?

• The Memeo Background Service error :

This is SmartWare related. It’s logged into the application log in event viewer every time the system is booted and SmartWare is started.

Event ID 0

WDSmartWareBackgroundService

Problem starting Memeo Background Service :Remoting configuration failed with the exception 'System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Security.Principal.IdentityNotMappedException: Some or all identity references could not be translated. at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.IpcServerChannel.StartListening(Object data) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.IpcServerChannel.SetupChannel() at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.IpcServerChannel..ctor(IDictionary properties, IServerChannelSinkProvider sinkProvider, CommonSecurityDescriptor securityDescriptor) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.IpcChannel..ctor(IDictionary properties, IClientChannelSinkProvider clientSinkProvider, IServerChannelSinkProvider serverSinkProvider) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct signature, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringType) at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.CreateChannelFromConfigEntry(Chann elEntry entry) at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureChannels(RemotingXmlConfi gFileData configData, Boolean ensureSecurity) at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureRemoting(RemotingXmlConfi gFileData configData, Boolean ensureSecurity)'. at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureRemoting(RemotingXmlConfi gFileData configData, Boolean ensureSecurity) at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.DoConfiguration(String filename, Boolean ensureSecurity) at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfiguration.Configure(String filename, Boolean ensureSecurity) at RemoteServerService.WDSmartWareBackgroundService.OnStart(String[] args)

I assume it’s related to the backup function of SmartWare, but I’m not exactly sure what this is because I don’t use the software for that purpose.

Any reply would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Cheers

Anyone? I’ve tried three different USB cables as well, but the problem persists. Google’s telling me it’s nothing serious to worry about, but I’d really love to terminate the errors.