Ethernet Port Speed is it 100mbit or can it do 1000mbit/gigabit ethernet?

None of the specs explain the Ethernet port speed capability ? its it the same as Live Hub ? as in Gigabit or is it simply 100mbit ??

Even the PDF online manual does not state the speed.

100 Meg.

I understand it’s 100 (my Netgear SmartSwitch will only connect at 100) but it’s interesting how this review makes a big thing about gigabit:

http://www.storagereview.com/western_digital_wd_tv_live_review

“With the gigabit network connection it made no difference if movies were played locally off a USB hard drive or over the network in terms of responsiveness.”

To quote the specs in that review:

WD TV Live Specs

• 1.2" x 3.9" x 4.9"
  • 0.42 lb
  • Gigabit Ethernet
  • WiFi (802.11n)
  • Dual USB 2.0 ports
  • HDMI out
  • Optical out
  • Remote Control
  • NTSC Model (WDBHG70000NBK)
  • PAL Model (WDBGXT0000NBK)
  • One year warranty

I have my new WD TV Streamer hooked up to a Linksys E3000 Gigabit router, and the WD is connecting at 100Mb/s with a 2 foot high quality cable. My two high end desktops are connected at 1000Mb/s. Perhaps the HW is there to support GigE, but right now, it does not support it. It would be great to have GigE for file streaming & copying on the network.

Mike

Some reviews specify GbE port… so what’s the truth then ?

WD has just updated the specs page on their website to Ethernet (yesterday it said Gigabit Ethernet)

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=330

I think the unit does have a Gigabit port but doesn’t have the internal bandwidth to support transfer speeds any faster than 100Mbps. It is the same with the WD TV Hub. The specs still indicate it has Gigabit Ethernet but no one has been able to achieve higher transfer speeds than 100Mbps.

I was hoping for at least USB speeds (25-30 MB/s). Quite disappointing.

It seems to be 100 MBIT. I have it plugged into a GBIT switch and its only linking at 100 with a yellow light, green would be higher.

I have a MKV that has a bit rate of almost 25mb, you hit the option button while playing , it would always studder on the old LIVE and LIVEPLUS,. when playing from a windows xp network share, but would play fine from either Mybook Live 3TB NAS or my Buffalo 2tb linkstation pro NAS.  Now with Live Streaming it plays just fine from widows xp share, I guess the extra memory and processor speed is buffering enough not to cause it to studder, but strangely it would always play fine from a Decent newer NAS drive with any of the Live/Liveplus/Livestreaming.

Live streaming is much faster, out with the old I guess.