Ethernet loading stuck sorted

the hubs stays on screen loading with ethernet cable connected, it has latest…last firmware etc
this problem suddenly started, but if i take out the ethernet cable, its works as normal, i even downgraded firmware to see if it mad any difference…nope, even tried an usb wifi stick, recognised the stick and let me put in password, then it would reboot, and again stuck in loading screen, disconnected wifi stick, rebooted all back to normal…minus no ethernet.

follow up…tried antons fix and it worked, thread below

1 Like

You should contact WD Support from the link given below for such issue.

https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

antons fix and it worked, thread below?? Where to find that fix

Thanks Ray

what i did was go into the zip file and rename the file wdtvlivehub.ver from 2.08.13 to 3.08.13
the first number has to be higher, i changed the number to 3, flashed that, without the ethernet cable in…then once it finished flashing and i booted in to main screen, i went into system, then reset it.
when i rebooted, i plugged in the ethernet cable…bingo it worked, then after that i flashed the last firmware 3.12.13 and reset then reboot, works good as new.

Hi fender62 - I am having the same issues as you mentioned - all was ok and now when the ethernet cable is plugged in the loading screen just stays up and does not fully load - but when the ethernet is not connected then it loads as normal - i have seen your final post -

"what i did was go into the zip file and rename the file wdtvlivehub.ver from 2.08.13 to 3.08.13
the first number has to be higher, i changed the number to 3, flashed that, without the ethernet cable in…then once it finished flashing and i booted in to main screen, i went into system, then reset it.
when i rebooted, i plugged in the ethernet cable…bingo it worked, then after that i flashed the last firmware 3.12.13 and reset then reboot, works good as new.

But i do not understand where the file is located to change - any step by step help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Charlie

Did anybody ever answer this? I am having the same problem. What ZIP file is he talking about?

WD has shut down essential webservices that are polled upon boot. That‘s why the WDTV Live Hub keeps rebooting once it connects to the web. Just configure your network manually, leaving the Gateway and DNS at 0.0.0.0 and your WDTV Live Hub will work as usual and even access local network ressources.