Escalating support ticket to a human?

Ok… More questions.

Does this disk have more than one partition? Also, you mentioned that it has a phony (presumably CDrom) drive for install media files.

The automounter in the myclouds is… Horrifically stupid. Really, I dont have better words to describe how horrible-bad it is. It only will mount the first partition on any disk. (If there is more than one partition, they wont be mounted.) It will also only respond to the first logical device returned from a USB disk insertion, so if the first thing it presents is the fake cdrom, thats all she wrote (since this thing does not know about iso9660 or UDF file systems).

I will see if there is any software to neuter that “Helpful” feature of this drive.

Yup, I suspect it is the lovely “Convenient feature” of the virtual CD drive that is the problem here. Looks like you can only disable it on windows, according to WD.
https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=3835#winwithsw

Since toggling the setting seems to be retained after you powercycle the drive, try turning that garbage off using a windows machine and attaching it then.