Errors during setup? Can't generate code for mobile? Can't save email addresses? Can't get cloud access working? Read this!

For those of you just now obtaining one of these devices, connecting it to your modem/router, and starting up the interface only to get errors like these: “The web access account you requested for could not be created. Ensure that you do not have any network connectivity issues and try again.” (when trying to save an email account) or “Failed to generate code for your mobile device. Please make sure you do not have any network connectivity issues and try again.” (when trying to generate a code for cloud access) - and you’ve hunted down every possible thread in the forums trying to fix it, and coming up empty, that’s where I was last night.

Then I found this thread: https://community.wd.com/t/new-release-my-cloud-firmware-version-04-05-00-334-3-12-19/235436

My 4.x firmware was older than this update, right now I cannot remember the version number. This only applies if your current firmware is 4.x. It does not apply if your product has firmware 2.x. You can find your version of the firmware by clicking the link in the first post on that thread, as it pulls up an image right away that shows you how to find your firmware version and select the right one. Below the firmware download area, it shows you how to upgrade your firmware. Once I updated to this firmware version, everything just ‘worked’. I was able to enable Cloud Access for the user I’d created, and I was able to generate a code for mobile devices. No more errors in my attempts to set things up. I hope this helps anyone else struggling through this.