Error 401 Request is not allowed

Hello, I have recently bought WD My Cloud 2TB and I have encountered the same Problem as described below:

I am having trouble accessing files saved on my personal WD2GO server from our website created with wordpress.

I add the document name to a page and then use the url link tool to add the following address:
https://apia.wd2go.com/api/1.0/rest/device_redirect?device_user_id=12927256&device_uri=%2Fapi%2F1.0%2Frest%2Ffile_contents%2FischAdmin%2FIncorporation%2FIllawarra%20South%20Coast%20Hockey%20Incorporated%20Constitution.pdf%3Fdevice_user_id%3D12927256%26request_auth_code%3D42fdab267226b2f60c15a60b7cb635c92bffe43553d6aba5dcb25c5f0c51cf1a
it returns the error message:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
< core>
< error_code>401</error_code>
< http_status_code>401</http_status_code>
< error_id/>
< error_message>Request is not allowed</error_message>
< /core>
If I then click in the address bar and hit enter the document opens correctly.
The document can also be accessed if I place the url directly into the browser.

I have tried almost everything - port openning/closing/forwarding, Firewall on/off, System restore etc - please help!

[quote=“MARCIN_PIETRZAK, post:1, topic:166766, full:true”]
Hello, I have recently bought WD My Cloud 2TB and I have encountered the same Problem as described below:[/quote]
If one is trying to use links to a My Cloud file within Wordpress, the problems appear to be with how Wordpress handles URLs. See the following thread from a few days ago that discusses using Wordpress…

https://community.wd.com/t/accessing-wd-cloud-files-on-websites-using-wordpress/166164

That’s the thread the OP of this thread has taken the example failing link from…

:wink:

The problem is not with worpress since I am not using it… the problem for me apears whenever I want to e-mail a link, sendit via messenger or any other similar app. It happens as well when I post it on facebook. Funny topic is that on iOS and Adroid the links work perfectly…

Well, it’s easy to see why we’re confused:

I had the same problem.

I don’t know why, but for the software on api side, it is important to have no “HTTP Referer” HTML header (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_referer). To stop your page sending it use

<head>
      <meta name="referrer" content="never">
</head>

at your web page.