Email Links not working

I just got my WD mycloud a few days ago and am generally very happy with it. I am able to access my files from the desktop app as well as my android app.

I have been trying to share files with my friends via the links generated under (email links) but keep getting the message saying that the browser isn’t able to connect to the device. I opened port 80 on my firewall settings but still haven’t had any luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Disregarding email links for a moment, does remote access work for you on your mobile devices or laptop when you are not on your local network?

Yes, I am able to access my files from outside of my local network using a computer or mobile app.

However, when I am on my home network, the generated URL links do not work.

Jrjrjr4 wrote:

However, when I am on my home network, the generated URL links do not work.

That’s not unusual.    That typically means your router doesn’t support NAT redirection…   not much you can do about that.

The links, after all, are intended to be used OUTSIDE your network, not inside it…

Oops… that was a typo.

I am able to access my files from inside/outside my home network using the android app or desktop app. However the links do not work from either inside or outside of my home network.

Nevermind, it seems to be working now from outside networks. Thanks for your help.