Easyshare external drives keep getting errors when transferring files in windows 11

I am using a new computer with Windows 11 installed. I connected two Easyshare drives, they are just for storage, Windows 11 is detecting them and showing them as working, but when I try to transfer files. In device manager there are no drivers for two WD SES Device USB Device. I have tried different usb ports and several other methods that were online, but nothing has helped. Thank you.

1 Like

A hard disc may freeze if repeated fast drag and drops are made. When transferring files, try to utilise copy/paste or cut/paste. Additionally, you may transmit data in smaller groups as opposed to one large batch, increasing the transfer rate.
turn on/off write caching
Enabling write caching in Device Manager will help you resolve the problem if you are transferring files to the external hard drive:

1. Choose Device Manager by performing a right-click on the Start icon.

2. Locate the external hard disc, then click the right mouse button and choose Properties.

3. Under the Policy tab, choose Better performance and click “OK”.

Repair bad sectors on the external hard drive

1. Tap the Search button on the taskbar and type “cmd” in the search box. Right click “cmd” and select “Run as administrator”.

2. Type chkdsk F: /f /r /x and press Enter. You should change the drive letter “F:” to that of the frozen external hard drive.

3. Type exit and press Enter to exit Command Prompt.

format your external hard drive as NTFS

If you can’t copy files to external hard drive and it’s frozen, there is an off-chance that the drive is improperly formatted or something is wrong with the drive’s software aspect. You can fix it by reformatting the drive to NTFS. However, you’ll lose all data you saved on the disk before, so it should be a last resort.

1. Open This PC and right-click the external hard drive.

2. Choose Format. When a menu appears, select NTFS under File System.

3. Click Start to begin formatting your external hard drive.

Hope this help.