Easiest directory structure to manage?

I’ve got a bit of a strange question, hoping someone can answer.

I tend to keep all my movies in their own seperate directories for organizational purposes, but then in the hub I have to go to Videos-> choose my LiveTV drive → Movies folder → specific movie folder → movie file.

The problem involved is it lists each folder individually, but I’d prefer if it showed the movie thumbs instead.  Is there any way to do this without putting all my files in a single solitary folder?

The best way I’ve found is to have them in Genre folders, then filter by folders.

So you would have:

Action (folder)

filename1.mkv (or what ever your extension is)

filename2.mkv

filename3.mkv

etc.

Adventure (folder)

filename1.mkv

filename2.mkv

filename3.mkv

etc.

And so on.

1 Like

Much appreciated :slight_smile:  Now I just need to figure out how to get Thumbgen to show the thumbnail and generate an XML… for some reason I went over all the options in the guide and it doesn’t do it automatically :\

Did you watch the video tutorial, HERE.  If you’re stuck it might help.

followed the written guide of yours, didn’t see the vid, watching now :slight_smile:  Thanks for being a ton of help :slight_smile:

I have read the Tutorial and have watched the movie, but i dont get it…

My Moviebase is structured following:

/Videos

/VIdeos / HD

/Videos / 3D

/Videos / normal

/Videos / HD / Avatar

/Videos / HD / 22 Bullets

//VIdeos / HD /Avarat / Avatar.mkv

and so on…

How can i get a coverbox at the FOlder level???

I mean when i see : /videos / HD / 

Then i want to see the Covers of the Movies…

How must i change my properties in Thumpgen?

Followed the guide and got everything up and running.  Only have one thing that’s kinda annoying.  Every 5 seconds or so it keeps trying to change the background pic to something else, but having only the 1 image, it just recycles it every 5 seconds.  Any way to make it so once the background is loaded once, it doesn’t try to do a slideshow of background images?

To make the moviesheet semi-static.  On the HUB, select Setup, then select Photo Settings.  In the Photo Settings menu, select “Slideshow Transition” and set it to “Fade”, then select “Slideshow Interval Time” and set it for “5 minutes”.

2 Likes

Tin, you rock.

frithy, please do not mark your own post as an Accepted Solution if you were following the advice provided by another User.

Regards,

Oh, sorry… figured that was how you posted it was fixed lol

r3v088,

It does not display the same for folders and folder thumbs have to be named “folder.jpg”.  However the HUB does not display the thumbs correctly for folders, nor will it display the metadata or backdrops for folders.

It is highly recommended though that you have your structure the way I described above to get the most out of your viewing experience.

Ok, does it mean that when i have a File called “folder.jpg” in /Videos / HD /Avatar than the Folder gets a Cover??? or did i missunderstand…

To make it more clear, it should be like this:

Videos (folder)

folder.jpg (for Videos)

HD (folder)

folder.jpg (for HD)

folder.jpg (for Avatar)

Any folder that you have (if you want a thumbnail/coverart for) you will have a image for it named “folder.jpg”.

Ok, thx tin…

i´ll try it :)

First post, although I think I have read a 1000 posts over the last two weeks.  Installed my hub this past weekend and trying to master it.   The folder.jpg thumbs should be within the actual folder, like the folder.jpg (for Videos).  Example:

Videos (folder)

folder.jpg (for Videos)

HD (folder)

folder.jpg (for HD)

folder.jpg (for Avatar)

I would recommend you follow Tinwarble’s set up suggested earlier in this thread, no sense having a separate folder for each movie.

E

1 Like