EARS product line and wdidle tool : an official statement please ?!

I can read everywhere that people use the wdidle3 tool to modify the head parking waiting time on their Caviar Green EARS drives, thus decreasing the rising rate of LCC attribute. I could also read some comments here from WD personnel saying this tool is compatible with the  EARS drives.

On the product’s support page however ( http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?wdc_lang=en&fid=wdsfCaviar_Green ) wdidle3 is not listed as a download compatible with these drives.

I don’t know, wheter it is only missing by mistake - in which case I ask the responsible person to correct it - or it is a coony legal trick to informally propose using it (thus calming the worriyng customers), but denying its usability for the record.

I find this approach of the company very displeasing, and hope that WD takes care of this issue asap for the content of its customers.

bump

do you have data in your drive??

is that a new drive?? 

my wd20ears bought an year ago supported the tool

if you dont have any data on your drive and its brand new try the tool

zrx888, please bear in mind this community was created for Users, such as yourself, to help one another, and to share your experiences and ideas with one another. If you are looking for an official WD statement, it is advisable to contact WD directly.