DX4000 ram upgrade

With some luck following a unit repair I got in exchange a new DX 4000 with 4 Gb of ram. As I have a second DX 4000 I checked the forum and I have seen many users managed to upgrade by themselves using different memory brands (Kingston, Crucial…). So I said: why not buy a 4 Gb sodimm identical to the one installed on the DX 4000 I just received with 4Gb and upgrade also the 2nd DX4000. I bought the ram (same identical code as the DX 4000 received with 4 Gb) and installed it. But the DX 4000 is stuck at the very beginning at the “initializing” step. The impression is that it not even starting the boot. I installed the original 2Gb Sodimm and everything is ok. I was wondering whether it might be the case that the BIOS stops with some message asking maybe for a keypress just to confirm the new configuration… this is impossible to be checked without a video output though. Or I am just unlucky and the DX4000 board is very picky with the memory type?

Dunno. You might try the new ram in the working box?

Plug a keyboard in and press F1 and or F2?

Hi,
I also have similar experience with DTMTech. I’ve tried with 2 different brand memory: Kingston & Hynix (same type and speed with the original memory), but no luck. Any clue how to solve it?

Hi, I confirm gave up trying to upgrade from 2 to 4Mb the DX 4000 ram also because the opening/closing process is somehow risky for the connection cable between motherboard and display. I tried two or three different RAM models but none of them was recognized. Maybe it could also be the case that that they are recognized but during start-up the BIOS is asking some keyboard confirmations, but it is almost impossible without using one of the fairly complicated solutions explained elsewhere in the forum, to interact with the DX4000 BIOS.