Duplicating of Files no solution Found - Yet

Good day all,

I have read thru past post regarding this issue and could not get the solution from them to fix the problem.

There are files that are duplicating at random and currently this is for movie files only (still to pull music and photos to my cloud).

I see the files are shown as duplicated on my Samsung TV, mycloud.com, Phone and my HP Laptop (under network/WD/Public etc.) My primary DLNA is the TV (side note I can play movies with ease from my TV and phone but I am struggling immensely to play them on my laptop, please assist if possible). Both the files are playable and all my folders are saved in my “Public” folder

Which means I need to go thru all the folders to see if there are duplication and then delete them (now if you have a lot of movies and series on your drive it takes forever to check each folder), please let me know if there is a quicker way to delete these duplicate items.

I am not sure if it is going to be a reoccurring problem or is it only now because every thing is being copied from my external hard-drives to the cloud? Because it would very difficult to keep drive clean of unnecessary files “duplicated files”

I have tried to do rebuild but nothing has changed in actual fact I still found when files were moved they duplicated (worth noting I haven’t seen folders duplicating only files).

Let me know if more info is needed…

1 Like

Files are not normally duplicated on their own.

How do you upload content into your unit? Do you use an automatic backup application? If so, do you rename or delete backups after they are completed? With WD SmartWare this can lead to a duplicate backup.

Hi Tracer,

Yes you are right files are not supposed to duplicate on their own…
I do use the automatic backup application: For example I would back to a folder in My Cloud called “Sort” (in this folder there would be Sort1, Sort2 ect as I have several drives which I am trying to consolidate) and then I would move out of these folders to its relevant folder or even delete a file if it is not relevant to keep. I have noticed that you cant rename files but do you mean if I rename a Folder it can cause it to happen? How do you mean delete the backup when it is complete, meaning deleting it on the Dashport or delete it on the My cloud after it has been loaded up (I am sure it should have these type of editing capabilities?).

Same with me, I’m so frustrated with the equipment. I just want the pictures in my phone to be back up on my cloud so that I can free some space on my Samsung s6. It is backing up but create duplicate pictures and it seems to be so random. It creating a mess in my folders. I checked many forums and no response iso provided. I don’t understand why WD is not paying more attention to this issue when it is affecting so many users.

Even I am facing the same issue with automatic backup of my mobile photos from Moto G5Splus mobile. @WD team,please help.