DS 6100 - Fresh install of Server 2012

I ended up installing 2012 R2 with the Essentials Role in order to get access to the drives and functional WD applications.

I manually deleted the existing RAID using the WD Tray utility and rebuilt though it appears that one of the drives had failed as it showed 0TB of storage space despite it being a 3TB drive. 6TB of storage space in a RAID 5 is more than enough for my needs though.

Admittedly, this is one of the more frustrating projects I’ve encountered. I never would have expected the WD apps/utilities and drive visibility to be dependent upon a specific version/release of Windows Server. Even still, the LCD panel and front controls only seem to function when Server Essentials is installed and not just the role.

As for now, it’ll fulfill it’s role as a local storage NAS and my local minecraft server for my kiddos. Surprisingly, setting up a cross-platform capable local minecraft server was far less difficult than getting the actual hardware/software on the physical server to function in tandem.

Hi,

Do you still have that DS6100 model ? I really want to buy one DS6100 for my research project. Please reply to me if you want to sell that product.

Thank

Hey, have you found what you were looking for? I also need one and can’t find it anywhere. By the way, am I the only one who still plays minecraft? I just love this game and I think I will never be tired of it, especially since I am playing it for more than 10 years. I used to play the classic mode, but recently have started to play on minecraft anarchy servers because it has a lot of gamemodes which are much more entertaining. Plus, it is a great opportunity to meet new people to play with. Thanks in advance for your reply!

So the only way that is possible to install Windows server 2012 or another OS is to start with a computer remove all other hdd and install enterprise hdd and the enterprise hdd with any desktop pc and install the operating software once installed go in and make sure remote access is enabled may need to use another computer to confirm then make sure all Needed firmware updates from WD are also installed and updated then all is done shutdown the computer with the enterprise hdd with the OS on it and transplant it into slot 1 of the sentinel and boot up hope this helps