Dropbox Sync not syncing everything

My Setup

I’ve got a Dropbox account through Dropbox Business I’m trying to keep all files and folders synced to my WD MyCloud drive. My drive is 4TB, the total amount of files/folders is 1.25 TB

What I’m expecting

All files that I have access to in the account will sync to the WD MyCloud account and device

What I’m experiencing

While I see all the top-level folders, as I drill deeper into the file tree many files and folders are not synced to my WD MyCloud account or device. For example, see this image:

On the left are the contents of the directory on DropBox, on the right is the contents of the same directory from MyCloud web service. The drive itself when loaded from MacOS Sierra shows the same lack of files.

There are other folders throughout the Dropbox account that are similarly missing

There was another thread about similar issues and the user was ask to contact WD support and submit logs. See the post below. you may want to contact WD support and submit logs as well.

Thank you @drlucky — I’ve filed a formal ticket to pursue. Thanks for the link to that thread!

@jarednova
QUESTIONS:

1. Did the 1st Sync Complete 100%?
  2. Did you get the notification/email that initial sync completed?
    It may take significant amount of time to sync 1.25TB.
  3. Please enable the Product Improvement Plan so that our team can analyze the system logs

Thanks for those tips @SBrown, here are those answers …

1) Did the 1st Sync Complete 100%?
Is there a place I can view the status? For the last several days the drive on my desktop simply says “3.85 TB, 3.7 TB free” — that number hasn’t changed in the last week

2) Did you get the notification/email that initial sync completed?
No notification received (either that it had completed or started

3) Please enable the Product Improvement Plan so that our team can analyze the system logs
Enabled!

Hi @SBrown! Just wanted to see if there’s anything else I can provide to get the ball rolling here. Thank you!

@jarednova Thanks for the assistance. Our engineering teams are currently investigating.

@jarednova did they get fixed for you? I have an identical issue… just curious

Same here, I can see the folders however they do not contain any files

@troiks75 are you using dropbox Free or Business?

I had a dropbox of more than 400GB, it failed to complete backup in approx. 1 month.
Raised as an issue with WD, communication just petered out.

I reduced my dropbox usage to approx. 98GB (by using pCloud), after a week WD dropbox sync has still failed to back up 20% of the files.

PCloud backed up the full 400GB in less than two days.

1 Like

@SBrown I’m using a business account

Hi, I have the same issue but with a private Dropbox account. Was there any solution to that problem?

So PCloud may be the solve then?

Same problem here with Google Drive, disk synced maby 5% of Google drive than stoped and for last two days no action, nothing happen. Why?

I am having the same issue. I have about 200 gigs on my Google drive, it has only saved 10%.

Hi, i have same problem. Dropbox only Sync for DROPBOX TO WD , But NO SYNC on WD to DROPBOX…

Hello, I have the same problem and I do not find here on the official website an effective answer to perform on the device. I really need to solve the problem once and for all. Can someone official help me?

Nothing ? It doesn’t even look like I’m talking on a WD forum. I’m a customer and I need help.

Same Issue here.