Drive not recognized on reboot- need help

I have a “My Book Essentials” External 3TB HD connected via USB3.  I have updated every driver on my system and can’t resolve my issue.

Issue: If my WD drive has the power disconnected and I boot my computers into Windows 7 x64 then once windows has loaded power up the WD drive there is no problem.  However, once the PC is powered up and the WD drive is powered up; if I either restart my computer or “shut down” then start my computer the WD drive is not recognized by Windows.  Not seen in my computer, not seen in disk management.  If i unplug the power and plug it back in 75% of the time the drive will become recognized.  The other 25% I have to completely power down again and wait for windows to come back before attaching the drive.

The reason this is a problem for me is I do need to remotely access that drive when I am not physically there, and if my PC looses power the PC can be accessed but not the drive.  Any suggestions would be very much appriciated!

I would recommend you to confirm if the issue also happens when you are not trying to use the drive remotely, also I found a link on WD web site with a software and instructions to verify and repair drive failures in case they are present, you can try this as well and confirm if the issue is caused by drive’s malfunction.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/940/session/L2F2LzEvc25vLzEvdGltZS8xMzEzNjkyMDk5L3NpZC9vU2oxcFNCaw%3D%3D