DPC_Watchdog_Violation Blue Screen on Startup

I get this blue screen upon first startup (not for reboots) “DPC_Watchdog_Violation”.  BSOD appears after the ‘log in’ screen (however the keyboard and mouse are unfunctional at this time).

A quick Google tells me this is Hard Drive related but only provide support for SSD.

I have the following HDD from Western Digital: 

1TB WD Blue WD10EZEX SATA 6GB/s 7200rpm 64MB Cache 8ms HDD

I have updated all drivers I could find using 3rd party software but the issue remains. I did not install any Harddrive drivers however as none appeared in the software I used.

I cannot find drivers for my Drive on the website or on Google, I am either blind or the support is not available. If someone can help me find the driver I need to troubleshoot these blue screens I would be greatful.

Thank you.

Windows 8.1 64bit

intel i5-4570

MSI Z87-G41

NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB

4GB RAM

Hi, try update all the drivers on your PC to the latest version, and also run Windows Update. 

Ichigo wrote:

Hi, try update all the drivers on your PC to the latest version, and also run Windows Update. 

Thanks for your reply however at the time of posting I had updated all found and known drivers including any chipset and sound drivers.

I do a Windows Update every day and today had forced one but only received updates for my Antivirus, Windows Defender. Neither of these have solved the issue to date.

Crashes only occur on startup, I will wait for another Windows Update and then let you know if that has solved the issue.