Don't see all the contents when connecting from WDTV live plus

I have had a WDTV Live plus for a while, I bought the HUB and moved the live plus to another room.

Connecting from the Live plus to the hub, looking at videos.

When I connect as a network drive I see every thing but the issue is that the jpg thumbnails show up as separate files.

When I connect as a media server I do not see all the folders, and the ones I dod see I do not see all the contents. 

any ideas?

Thanks

harry pottar

What folders are missing on Twonky? Did you check the permissions? Type theipaddressofyourhub:9000 on a browser so you can check.

The folders that do show compared to the folders that don’t have the permissions and owner.

On the folders that do show and the files in them that don’t it appears to be the iso files that don’t and I jave hundreds of iso’s. I took my entire DVD  collection and made iso’s of them.

TIA

Harry

harrypottar wrote:

… it appears to be the iso files [that are missing] and I jave hundreds of iso’s. I took my entire DVD  collection and made iso’s of them.

TIA

Harry

That’s the problem.  You cannot stream ISOs via media servers.  Not a WD limitation; that’s a limitation of the DLNA standard.

You will need to stream them via the Network Shares function.

If the duplicate “jpg” issue is a concern, all you need to do is precede the jpg names with a single “.” (dot.)

Such as:

folder.jpg

becomes

.folder.jpg

and 

Movie Name.jpg

becomes

.Movie Name.jpg

Et voilà!

Thanks for the thumbnail tip, the sole reason for my buying the hub was to hide the duplicate thumbnail files. Wasn’t until I received it that I found out that it does not share thumbnails or iso files. For my unique needs this was not good value for money.

Other than it not working for my personal needs it was a great machine and I had a hard time deciding if to return it or not. In the end I returned the device, for the same money $200 I can buy two of the new WDTV Media Streamers or One WDTV Media Streamer and a 2tb drive.

thanks