Does new My Passport 2TB work with Windows XP?

Is it possible to use My passport external WDBYVG0020BBK-WESN- 2TB on widows XP? If there is a way, please help?
Thanks a lot

It will be GPT (GUID Partition Table) out of the box when you buy it.

Windows XP 32-Bit does not support GPT …it only supports MBR (Master Boot Record) which supports a Maximum Capacity of 2TB (which is OK in your situation)

You can either Format/Partition manually in Windows … or using the WD Formatter Software and choose “XP Compatible” when formatting the drive.

Dear Joey

Thanks a lot from you and WD teams that pay attention to their customers especially when they create Application for old and obsolete programs. It is the reason that WD is always on top.

The WD Quick Formatter was great and solved my problem, but XP Compatible item wasn’t available for me! Is it because 2TB capacity or there is another reason?

What will happen if My Passport was 4 TB? Can I still use it in Windows XP and have all 4TB?

Dear Joey

Thanks a lot from you and WD teams that pay attention to their customers especially when they create Application for old and obsolete programs. It is the reason that WD is always on top.

The WD Quick Formatter was great and solved my problem, but XP Compatible item wasn’t available for me! Is it because 2TB capacity or there is another reason?

What will happen if My Passport was 4 TB? Can I still use it in Windows XP and have all 4TB?

Regards