Does my cloud home support files larger than 5g now?

I learned online that it didn’t support files larger than 5G. Does it make any update to support larger file?

@tosaka Check this out from the Knowledge Base and you should be able to complete your task.

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=20400&s=

thanks, also can I choose to download files directly to my cloud or I have to download to my PC and upload later?

Same issue, but solution does not work.
environment: WIndows10 Pro, version 1803 build 1`7134.523. WD Discover is latest version.
MyCloudHome (4Tb) is mounted as Z: by WD Discovery. I created directory Video to hold all video files. When less than 5Gb, no problem. but when over 4 Gb transfer will start and the file seems to be copied to this folder (name appears on window) but when I try access the folder (adding another file, Explorer freezes, and the PC may need to be restarted. After restart, the file is NOT transferred.

@WillemGr this sounds similar to an issue that occurs when 3rd party firewall or software is installed.
Please check this Article

I’m using McAfee and have Windows Defender active. Switching either of them or both off made no difference. It might be a matter of connectivity, there is NO direct link between PC and myCloud, though they area on the same network (and switch); It seems that all traffic is moved via the internet: the same way as the web interface that doesn’t allow files over 4 Gb either), not directly.

However, I found out that copying from USB-stick in the back seems to work - copy (using mobile app) at least works. But accessing the files after removing the USB Stick fails: I get a message:
“Window can’t access this disk. The disk might be corrupt. Make sure that the disk uses a format that Windows recognizes. If the disk is unformatted, you need to format it before using it”

Well, the disk IS formatted and the file format is recognized - or used to be: I have files copied to the drive…So I re-attached it, and all seems well; Moved files to a new folder, which I can access from PC, even after removing the USB stick.

Is is a way to get files over 4Gb onto the drive but both issues should be fixed.

Ok, so this ‘solution’ no longer works if you use any new Macs with Apple Silicon. The desktop app is broken as you know. It’d be nice if Western Digital fixed this.

I have the same issue. MacBook Pro Big Sur stops copying file after 4.15 Gb… This is absolutely insane that I cannot use 4 Tb storage for files more than 4.15 Gb…
ADD: WD Discovery for Mac has been proposed as a solution. OK, but it CRASHES Finder app and the whole OS. Not always, but every 5th transferring operation MACOS Big Sur freezes and stops working at all. Is it the reason why WD cannot share the WD Discovery for Mac through official App Store?

Kindly, please, do something. Fix WD Discovery critical bugs.

1 Like

I have the same issue as Kiryl!! MacBook Pro (Intel) Big Sur problems. Too much crash: finder, whole OS and etc. Files bigger than 5Gb always crash everything…