Does Dynamic Range Control actually work?

I’ve had the DRC option enabled for a month and simply don’t notice any difference. In fact, for the last couple weeks I’ve had it set to “max” and I still have to ride the volume control up and down to compensate for the dynamic range.

Someone else asked the same questiona couple months ago, but the thread cannot be replied to. He also never got an answer as to what the options for DRC actually mean aside from the vague information in the manual.

Has anyone actually noticed an obvious difference with DRC enabled?

And what do the options in the menu actually mean?

• Enable DRC for all files (if some files aren’t compatible as per below option, why enable it?)

• Enable DRC for compatible files only  (which files are compatible?) 

• Max (max what?)

I’m using the latest firmware 1.12.14.

Hi,

Yes, as simple as that… DRC automatically controls the audio so you wont hear a gun shot or an explosion louder than it is suppose to be.

The options are self explanatory but I couldn’t find which one are the compatible files.

“DRC automatically controls the audio so you wont hear a gun shot or an explosion louder than it is suppose to be.”

I know what it’s supposed to do, what I’m saying is that it doesn’t work (in my experience). I still have the same questions that I wrote in the first post.