Do not buy these products!

Our My Book Live just stopped working yesterday after having it for only 2 weeks… came up with a red light when turned on. We tried restarting, using a different cable, turning off / on etc etc. We then spoke to the call centre for an hour and was basically told to do all the things that we had already tried… The guy then told us that he couldn’t help and that we should call back the next day to be transferred to Canada. We when called back there was no record of our previous call and we were told in 5 minutes that a red light means it is dead and that there is no point being put through to Canada.

We back up our work weekly and the drive stopped working the day of our backup - we have lost 1 week of work for 5 people.

VERY UNHAPPY AND WILL NOT BUY WD PRODUCTS AGAIN

Hardware failures happen ALWAYS…  with ANY product.

Sounds like a pathetic backup policy.   Your fault, not WD’s.

did you order the drive online or buy it from a brick and mortar?

I’m working on a theory that hard drives purchased online and delivered via usps fedex ups fail more often.

mel77 wrote:

Our My Book Live just stopped working yesterday after having it for only 2 weeks… came up with a red light when turned on. We tried restarting, using a different cable, turning off / on etc etc. We then spoke to the call centre for an hour and was basically told to do all the things that we had already tried… The guy then told us that he couldn’t help and that we should call back the next day to be transferred to Canada. We when called back there was no record of our previous call and we were told in 5 minutes that a red light means it is dead and that there is no point being put through to Canada.

We back up our work weekly and the drive stopped working the day of our backup - we have lost 1 week of work for 5 people.

VERY UNHAPPY AND WILL NOT BUY WD PRODUCTS AGAIN

Canada? I’ve spent considerable time talking to support for various products over the years (I own more than 100 WD products) and I’ve never even heard of a call center in Canada… I know they have a call center in the US, and they used to have a call center in India that they got rid of… and I think I talked to someone in the carribian once, but never anyone in canada…

A red light does not nessasarily mean your drive is dead either… and I’m shocked that someone would have told you this right off the bat like you are saying… are you sure you spoke to WD support?

Are you able to access the Dashboard? Have you tried connecting the drive directly to the computers NIC card and accessing the dashboard that way?