DLNA Media Server Settings

I have a My Book Live 2TB which only has the DLNA Media Server on it (i.e. no option to run Twonky). The only order in which my Naim Uniti2 plays tracks is by strict alphabetical file name ignoring any leading numbers, so even if I number the track in the file name or in the mp3 tag it doesn’t use these in the sort.

Having read through many, many posts on the subject I cannot find any way to change this setting in the DLNA Media Server, or indeed access any sort of configuration file apart from the one you can export via the Dashboard. I read one post where someone had managed to put some code in a definitions file via Linux but I have no expertise in this area and do not want to turn the drive into an expensive door-stop.

Can anyone advise whether it is possible to change the DLNA settings to either use the number at the start of the file name or in the mp3 tag as part of the sort? Failing this, is there any line I can add to the configuration file to get it to change its settings or even download and run Twonky on the drive, or am I just wasting my time trying to find a solution which isn’t there?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Alan

I gave up on DNLA Media Server. I installed Twonky instead.
http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/forum/t-459592/complete-guide-to-upgrade-to-twonky-7-version-my-book-live-o

You can set the Twonky config to server by ‘folder’ or many other methods.

Forgive my ignorance, but my MBL didn’t come with Twonky at all and there is no setting on the Dashboard to enable it. The thread you linked to appears to be a procedure to upgrade an existing version of Twonky.

Are you suggesting that Twonky can be installed on an MBL which only has the DLNA Server installed?

Regards,

Alan

Yes you can install twonky on an MBL which only has DNLA Server installed. That is exactly what I did to my MBL Duo. Have to pay the $20 fee to get a twonky license, but completely worth the money. You can try out twonky with a trial for a month i think for free.

Follow the instructions for MBL Duo on the link i gave you.

Or you can install an old MBL firmware on your MBL. The old firmware came with Twonky - though version 5 i believe which is very limited. In any case, you’ll want to pay the fee to upgrade to Twonky 8.
http://support.wdc.com/KnowledgeBase/answer.aspx?ID=5735

Thanks very much for all the help and information.

Regards,

Alan