DLNA Media Server Rescan/Rebuild option missing

WD My Cloud EX4, Firmware 2.11.164.

Hi, WD Community. I’m reaching out to you because WD were no help.

A bit of background first…I view my movie/TV video files on an Apple TV 4 using the Infuse app over a wired network. Every few months the Infuse app starts to show duplicates of movies (both files are playable). I used to correct this by accessing the WD EX4 settings- then Media- Media Streaming (ON) and then pressing DLNA Database rebuild button (the other option being rescan). It now shows none of the other information that should be there like Version, Media, Last update and of course DLNA Database. All I get under Settings-Media is DLNA Media Server (with the on/off switch that does nothing) and Itunes.

Basically this option has disappeared. I’ve tried turning the Media streaming switch off/on but the rescan/rebuild option do not reappear. Where have they gone and how do I get them back?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi redcarracer,

You should go ahead and try to perform the 4 second reset on your drive and if that does not help go for the 40 second reset.

Please refer to the link given below in order to know how to reset a My Cloud EX4 device

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=13981