DLGDIAG - Unable to repair bad blocks

The Extended Test returns form DLGDIAG was: “Unable to repair bad blocks”
Drive = WD10EARS (1TB Green)…

Notice: Please contact WD technical support for help…

I don’t remember the purchase date so can’t find out if under warranty but that’s not my aim, I simply want to know what to do… any help appreciated…

SMART report…
Current Pending Sector Count = 14
Relocated Sectors Count = 0

Mike

Hello, in this particular case, I would save all the information that I can from the drive and write zeroes to it, this should force the sectors to be reallocated.

Note: Writing zeroes to the drive will delete any and all information stored on it.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated…

Over the last couple of weeks I lost three 1TB drives with the same or related issues. One outright failed and the other two indicated potential imminent failure when examined with Crystal Disk Info…

First my main backup, a 1TB external USB drive failed due to corruption (bad block reported) I was able to recover all the data using a drive recovery application and copied this to the WD 1TB green drive (which is the subject of this post)…

The second drive to have issues is my main system drive (not WD), I identified potential problems as a result of the sound generated by a drive associated with consecutive read attempts. Launching the disk info program, I noticed an increase in Relocated Sector Count and was painfully aware that my system has slowed down considerably…

I would suggest to everyone if the experience unusual system slowdown or unusual sound coming from any drives that they install software capable of reporting the SMART reports and that they check drives regularly,

In my case Crystal Disk Info has probably saved my bacon on at least two occasions…
Mike

PS, after writing zeros to a drive (I assume reformatting and not a low level propcess), how much use would one expect of such drives?