Disk replacement in My Book Live - problem

I have an old My Book Live 2TB, it’s still functional, I have internet connectivity turned off, so I use it as a local network device with a local ip address.

I wanted to change the HDD from 2TB to WD Red Plus 6TB and I encountered the following problem. After the swap HDD, the ip address for the NAS is broken. When I did not connect any HDD, it was still inactive. When I connected back the 2TB with data, everything works.

Is there any way to make the new drive work?

The OS and the network configuration are stored on the HD.
Have you simply replaced the HD or you have restored the image of the previous 2TB on the new 6TB one ( correcting the partition table to see all 6 TB ) ?

1.) so far I have only naively replaced the HDD with a new one. Now I know that the firmware for the NAS is stored on the HDD. That is, if I connect the old and new HDD via usb to the PC and set the cloning of the old HDD to the new one in the PC, should the firmware also be uploaded to the new HDD and should it work?

2.) I don’t understand this part, what did you mean?

( correcting the partition table to see all 6 TB )

The original disk has many partitions.
If I remenber correctly they’re 4.
The last one is used to store the data and its size varies according to the HD capacity. It starts at the end of the previus partitions and ends to the last available sector.
The partition table is a table that contains the logical description of the HD partitions.
If you clone a 2 TB on a 6TB one the partition table will contain the description of a data partition of about 2TB. The extra 4TB will be considered unallocated space.
So you’ll continue to see a 2TB unit even if the phisical capacity is 6TB.
If you don’t have data to be maintaned and you’re creating a factory new unit, the quickest way is to destroy the last partition ( keeping note of the original starting sector ) and create a new one that extends to the full available space ( about 6TB ).
Then execute a factory default reset, that wiill format correctly the new data partition and build all filesystem structures.