Directories Missing

Hello All:

I have an issue and was wondering if anyone else has this and corrected it…

I have My Cloud up and running and everything is working perfect…however…

If I use the My Cloud program, I can see all the SHARED folders and directories without issue. When I go into Windows Explorer and go into the MAPPED drive of that My Cloud device, all my directories are gone. When I go to the NETWORK part in Windows Explorer, and I click on the device…again nothing shows up. Is there anyway to get these directories back in Window Explorer???

Remember, using the My Cloud program, everything on that device is working perfectly and shows up…only in Windows Explorer does it show as all the folders/directories are missing…

Scott

in windows explorer you can connect to the shares without any issue / errors, correct?

but the shares are empty?

can you place a file on a share?

does the file from above show up in any of the shares on the mycloud app

did the shares ever work correctly in file explorer? If so what was done before this happened?

it sounds like on issue in the overall_share file but I need answeres to above before proceding

in windows explorer you can connect to the shares without any issue / errors, correct?

Nothing shows up in Windows Explorer…not folders at all on that My Cloud device

_ but the shares are empty? _

Nothing is in there as stated above…but in the My Cloud program everything shows up and is working

can you place a file on a share?

If I double click on the device under NETWORK, it opens up a window within Windows Explorer but does not allow me to add or create a folder.

did the shares ever work correctly in file explorer? If so what was done before this happened?

Yes, at one point they were working correctly…

how comfortable  with Linux and editing text files? if very you can edit /etc/samba/overall_share. if a little do an ls -l /etc/samba/overall_share to se the size

if you are not comfortable whith the steps above do a system only restore. This will reset everything like new but leave shares and data in place

yea, not very knowledgeable with Linux…

Ok, so with a System Restore…all files and data will be saved, but all the USER data will be deleted and I will have to re-enter all that information…correct?

I wish WD would come out with a way to back up all the USER information so we do not have to keep doing that 1 user per time…escpecially those with 20 or more users accessing that drive…big waste of time

yes all users, passwords, network settings etc need to be re-done and yes it is very slow to do.

if you could share anything that was done between it working and not that would be helpful as we might get WD to look at this

I wish I remembered…I just got fed up with it not working and posted to see if there was a quick fix…

I am very surprised that WG has not come up with a way to backup USER data…you would think this is a NO BRAINER and something that should be built in from the start. Especially for those people who support this product and have many users accessing the device, some with perhaps hundreds of users…make no sense to me at all…