Digital TV Live Streaming Media Player with Built-in Wi-Fi vs AC1300

not sure where to post this I purchased an WD AC1300 tho I’m still learning as I no longer have personal support but I see aDigital TV Live Streaming Media Player with Built-in Wi-Fi on sale for a very good price

Question is the AC1300 should be all I need to do WI FI / Internet ? Correct? or do I need the player also.

My 1st attempt to connect to my LG L6200 has not gone well

Thanks in advance

bobeeze

No, you don’t need the player if you’re just looking for WiFi and Internet in your home.   The AC1300 provides that.

Thanks but now your reply peaked my interest

“you don’t need the player if you’re just looking for WiFi and Internet in your home”

What else is available. U have excuse my ignorance I got away from computers in general & all this new product  is a little too much to absorball at once. I donot have a smartphone, so what else can I expect even if I need to purchase more.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide

You asked if you needed the player? If you want it you can have it but there is no relationship to the AC1300 which is a WiFi router. You can use the player with the AC1300 if you want to but that’s up to you. There is no vs when it comes to the AC1300 and a live streaming player.
Basically you can purchase anything that connects to the internet or WiFi.
Media player, computer, tablet, smartphone, internet radio etc.

Agree, and I would add the OP ought to take some time to find out more regarding all these add-on products and get up to speed on them and figure out which ones can do something he would like to be able to do.  He bought a high-end router that can do a lot, so he ought to download the complete user guide from WD support if he hasn’t already, and get familiar with his new router to begin with.