Different WD Blue SSD versions

I currently own a 500gb WD Blue SSD model number WDS500G1B0A I am looking to purchase a second drive to create a raid array on my system. While searching for a new drive to purchase I have come across a number of drives that appear to be identical to mine but with a different model number WDBNCE5000PNC These both appear to be 2D NAND Blue drives and I cannot tell any difference between them aside from the model number and the packaging is slightly different. The box has French wording along with English. This makes me think that it might be the same drive that has been repackaged for sale in a different market. Does anyone have any information about this drive and if it is the same or similar enough to be used with my drive in a raid array?

The PNC drive, being 2D NAND, is most likely an outdated/EOL drive. Just a guess. So here is a little story about 2D vs 3D NAND. Interesting if nothing else. I just ordered a WDS500G2B0A (99.00) this might be WDs latest revision of the 500GB SSD, therefore the “2” and not a “1” in the model number?