I have bought a new laptop, and this WD thing called My Cloud Home.
I have a problem with the name of the device:
During setup I made a typo in my user name: Le instead of Leo.
- In WD Discovery the device name now is “Le’s My Cloud Home”. Why? It’s MY network, I know it’s MY device, so Le’s is redundant.
- I see no reference to WD, which would be useful.
- A reference to Cloud makes me think of Google Drive, MS Onedrive or Dropbox, so this name is ill chosen.
- I se no way to change the name and correct my name or the whole name.
When I approached the device via the Webbrouwser, I could change the name to HD_Ext_Disk, which makes sense in my network.
I have 3 computers in my Network. On two of the three computers involved the computer’s name occurred twice in the list of connected computers:
- One (CAPITALISED), displayed the users folders, as one would expect.
- The second (Normal Capitalisation) displaying a folder My Cloudxxxxx (xxxx = Long random string, different on each computer) containing a folder “Familie”.
- There is also a machine called MYCLOUD-XZU2CD, showing a folder “Public” (empty).
In my view this is a design flaw. Can somebody confirm that this chaos is as built?
I hope someone can tell me that I made a mistake when setting up. My Question: WHAT???, and HOW TO CORRECT???