"Device is offline"

Dear Community, I am hoping somebody might be able to assist me. This is my first time writing in this community I am also a very novice user of NAS.

I have recently changed ISP’s from Spectrum to T-Mobile Home Internet/ “Gateway”. When my previous ISP was canceled my NAS went down. It seems like a simple fix to simply change the NAS to my new ISP network however I can not figure out how to accomplish this. Can someone please advise?

Thanks!

What specific My Cloud model do you have? Do you have a My Cloud or My Cloud Home? They are not the same device, this subforum discusses the single drive OS3 My Cloud model.

What color is the front LED on the My Cloud? Solid blue or is it flashing or some other color?

Normally one would disconnect the My Cloud Ethernet cable from the old network router or gateway and connect it to the new one.

It is likely the local IP address of the new router or gateway is different than the old router/gateway’s which means the local network IP address used to access the My Cloud will change. In rare cases, if one configured their My Cloud with a Static IP Address in the My Cloud Dashboard one may have to perform a 4 second (pin) reset using the reset button on the back of the My Cloud to reset the My Cloud network setting back to DHCP.

Can you access the My Cloud Dashboard?

WD has a number of Knowledge Base support articles that may be of use:

My Cloud: Not Accessible - Change Router, ISP or Network
How to Setup the My Cloud OS 3 Dashboard for Use
Pin Reset and System Only Restore WD My Cloud OS 3

Note that since April of 2022, the remote access feature of OS3 My Cloud devices has been terminated and the OS3 My Cloud is local network access only unless one sets up their own methods of remote access (example insecure FTP or VPN).

My Cloud OS3 End of Service

1 Like

@Bennor I have the “My Cloud Home” not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this model as I’m not sure if this model has anything to do with the single drive OS3 My Cloud model?

The color of the device is completely white, the light is blinking white with a somewhat purple hue to it.

Another point of information is I am using a “switch” as I have other devices I am working with. I tried connecting a “general” ethernet cable into a switch port and then directly into my T-Mobile gateway as my “My Cloud Home”/NAS is currently already plugged into a switch port.

This has not worked either. It’s kind of crazy this seems this complicated to simply make an “easy” switch from one ISP to another.

My Cloud Home looks like this:

If you have a My Cloud home, see the correct subforum for that device. The My Cloud Home does not use the “My Cloud Dashboard”.

This subforum discusses the following device, the single bay/single drive OS3 (v4.x or v2.x firmware) My Cloud. The single bay My Cloud looks like this: