Defrag MyCloud

Hello guys,

Does anyone know any program or way to defrag myCloud?

Thank you in advance

1 Like

Hi,

_ e4defrag _ is your friend :slight_smile:

Is there a way to do it through windows?

p.s i know how to use e4defrag with console . j ust wanted to know if there is an “easier” way through windows

I have the same problem (and reflex to do at the same time).

Defrag was (and I’m sure it still is), the right way to maximize space and optimize access performance.

I did a lot of cleaning up of my data lately, started at over 3T of data on a 3.57T My Cloud.

and I’m at 1.73T now but I can see when my pc is looking to gather files that it stops for a while on a particular file

and my programming past tells me that it is because it is looking for the rest of the file somewhere on the drive.

I can see it pause for many seconds.

So where can I find this e4defrag and does it work (is compatible, made for) for my 4T My Cloud ?

And,if there is a WD Support expert on the matter that is reading that thread, wouldn’t be a good idea to put that utility application on the WC My Cloud Dashboard/Settings/Utilities so we can use it, program a schedule like we were doing for the last 20 years ?

Thanks guys.

My ancient MyCloud drive needs some defraging. I can hear it working so hard, slowly crunching through the disc trying to find files and what-not. I want to help it.
I think a nice defrag would be helpful.
BUT HOW? :disappointed: