Default Theme Files

Where would I find the files for the default theme on the hub or the smp?

All ā€œLegacyā€ Themes can be found in the GPL Packages.

For the Hubā€¦

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=1010&sid=134&lang=en

For the Streamingā€¦

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=1011&sid=161&lang=en

The Default ā€œMochiā€ Theme for the HUB at these 3 Linksā€¦Ā  (Latest Releases have Been Encrypted by WD)

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/OSD-for-2-08-13/td-p/273586

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Firmware-2-07-17-OSD/td-p/230962

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/2-06-10-OSD-New-FW/td-p/192004

2 Likes

Thanks!

When I uopload the Theme for the SMP from the gpl code it appears to be for the hub ā€¦ when the player boots it says wdtv live hub.

How was the mochi theme obtained for the hub? Ā 

Basically all I want to do is modify a view in the mochi theme to my liking.

@ Jonnie

Well, if you just want to modify ā€˜Oneā€™ View ā€¦

Why not tell us ā€˜Whichā€™ View ?

and myself or others can point out the appropriate XML you need to modify.

I just want to mess around with the large gallery view. I know what xml file it is but I thought I had to upload the whole theme even though I was modifying the one xmlā€¦?

Ok, if this can be done ā€“ it would be great.

My main thing about the default Theme on the SMP is that I can not use my Moviesheets that I have created for the original WDTV and that I am happy with.

I now know how to edit the .xml to use local background images and that works.

But the metadata fields are displayed for folder and movie files in gallery mode.

From a previous thread that I asked, have been told how to stop this for a theme

Yes it is possible. Just removeĀ  text=ā€œ@@overviewā€ found inĀ Ā ā€œrv_gallery_browse_page.xmlā€ which controls how videos look in GALLERY VIEW.

Thanks to Vistawall and TonyPH1234

So if I could apply this just to the default SMP theme it would make it happen ā€“ I think.

If it can be done :-

How ? please

If I make a mistake or not happy with it, how would I get back to the original theme ? ( since I do not have it as a theme to upload)

Thanks

@ Jonnie
I just want to mess around with the large gallery view. I know what xml file it is but I thought I had to upload the whole theme even though I was modifying the one xmlā€¦?

If you just to change or modify ā€˜Oneā€™ Viewā€¦ then all you need to do is modify the Appropriate XML create a Folderā€¦

eg. Jonnieā€™sModĀ Ā  and copy the ā€˜Oneā€™ Single XML into this Folder and unpload it to the .wd_tv/theme/

then on the Hub ā€˜Apply itā€™ ā€¦ the Hub will display all itā€™s default Graphics and Xml and also your modified one.

The 5 XMLā€™s that Control Video Browsing are:

rv_gallery_browse_page.xml

rv_video_browse_page.xml

rv_large_video_browse_page.xml

rv_list_browse_page.xml
rv_preview_browse_page.xml

Hi Just a Bump

Does any one know if my post above is posable withthe SMP. Would realy like to try if it is.

Thanks

Tony0204,

As stated earlier, you can create your own theme for WDTV Live SMP, You must have already learnt that the new theme just needs to have the necessary changes and the rest will be used from the Default theme that is already present in the FLASH on WDTV LIVE SMP (There is no way you can delete the default Mochi Theme) which is good to know.

Having said. Take a look at this code:

This is the default rv_gallery_browse_page.xml file found in the ā€œGPL codeā€ of WDTV LIve SMP

See the lines in YELLOW that needs to be removedĀ or commented to achieve your task

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<page background="./image/RV-BG.jpg">

<image image="image/keyboard_mask_bg.png" x="0" y="0" w="1280" h="720" bg="1" disable="@@disable-thumbnail-bg"/>
<image image="@@preview_rect_image" default_image="@@default_preview_rect_image" x="0" y="0" w="1280" h="720" textcolor="@@preview_rect_color" keycolor="1" ignore_keycolor="1" bg="1"/>
<image image="image/Gallery/video_browse_gallery_overlay.png" x="0" y="0" w="1280" h="720" bg="1"/>

<ctrlgrp>
	<include filename="./rv_multi_edit_ctrls.xml"/>
	<include filename="./rv_browse_common_ctrls.xml"/>
	<linebreak/>
	<listbox valkey="browselist" move="row" cols="7" rows="1" lbmask="ud" loop_scroll="1" _trigger="10" turbo_multi="10" autoenter="1" fixed_scrolling_col="3" hormove="1" />
</ctrlgrp>

<text x="254" y="172" w="970" h="42" text="@@browse_text" fontsize="40" textcolor="0xffffff" align="left" speed="1" delay="2"/>
<text x="254" y="252" w="380" h="20" text="@@year" fontsize="18" textcolor="0xffffff" align="left"/> <text x="645" y="252" w="580" h="20" text="@@genre" fontsize="18" textcolor="0xffffff" align="left"/> <text x="645" y="286" w="580" h="20" text="@@director" fontsize="18" textcolor="0xffffff" align="left"/> <text x="254" y="286" w="380" h="20" text="@@totaltime" fontsize="18" textcolor="0xffffff" align="left"/> <text x="254" y="320" w="970" h="20" text="@@actor" fontsize="18" textcolor="0xffffff" align="left"/> <text x="254" y="358" w="970" h="80" text="@@overview" fontsize="18" numlines="3" textcolor="0xffffff" align="left"/>

<image image="@@metadata_left_arrow" x="57" y="518" w="39" h="53" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100"/>
<image image="@@metadata_right_arrow" x="1180" y="518" w="39" h="53" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100"/>

<image image="@@favorite" x="390" y="217" w="23" h="21" align="hcenter"/> <image image="@@rating" x="252" y="217" w="124" h="21" align="hcenter"/> 

<widgetghost valkey="marquee" x="29" y="448" w="1226" h="186" ctrlname="browselist" step="10">

<!--thumbnail bg -->
<wrapper y="456" w="122" h="169" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100" selected_scale="100">
    <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_0" x="143" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@bg_disable_0"/>
    <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_1" x="289" active="@@act-browselist-1" disable="@@bg_disable_1"/>
    <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_2" x="435" active="@@act-browselist-2" disable="@@bg_disable_2"/>
    <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_3" x="581" active="@@act-browselist-3" disable="@@bg_disable_3"/>
    <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_4" x="727" active="@@act-browselist-4" disable="@@bg_disable_4"/>
    <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_5" x="873" active="@@act-browselist-5" disable="@@bg_disable_5"/>
    <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_6" x="1020" active="@@act-browselist-6" disable="@@bg_disable_6"/>
</wrapper>

<!--thumbnail bg_f -->
<wrapper y="448" w="134" h="187" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100" selected_scale="100">
    <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_0" x="137" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@bg_f_disable_0"/>
    <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_1" x="283" active="@@act-browselist-1" disable="@@bg_f_disable_1"/>
    <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_2" x="429" active="@@act-browselist-2" disable="@@bg_f_disable_2"/>
    <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_3" x="575" active="@@act-browselist-3" disable="@@bg_f_disable_3"/>
    <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_4" x="721" active="@@act-browselist-4" disable="@@bg_f_disable_4"/>
    <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_5" x="867" active="@@act-browselist-5" disable="@@bg_f_disable_5"/>
    <image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_6" x="1013" active="@@act-browselist-6" disable="@@bg_f_disable_6"/>
</wrapper>

<!--selected item-->
<wrapper y="456" w="122" h="169" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100" selected_scale="100">
    <image image="@@checked_0" x="143" active="@@act-browselist-0"/>
    <image image="@@checked_1" x="289" active="@@act-browselist-1"/>
    <image image="@@checked_2" x="435" active="@@act-browselist-2"/>
    <image image="@@checked_3" x="581" active="@@act-browselist-3"/>
    <image image="@@checked_4" x="727" active="@@act-browselist-4"/>
    <image image="@@checked_5" x="873" active="@@act-browselist-5"/>
    <image image="@@checked_6" x="1020" active="@@act-browselist-6"/>
</wrapper>

<!--thumbnail -->
<wrapper y="460" w="114" h="161" align="hcenter" scale="100" scale_type="fixratio" selected_scale="100">
    <image name="th0" image="@@browse_0_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_0" x="147" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_0"/>
    <image name="th1" image="@@browse_1_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_1" x="293" active="@@act-browselist-1" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_1"/>
    <image name="th2" image="@@browse_2_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_2" x="439" active="@@act-browselist-2" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_2"/>
    <image name="th3" image="@@browse_3_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_3" x="585" active="@@act-browselist-3" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_3"/>
    <image name="th4" image="@@browse_4_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_4" x="731" active="@@act-browselist-4" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_4"/>
    <image name="th5" image="@@browse_5_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_5" x="877" active="@@act-browselist-5" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_5"/>
    <image name="th6" image="@@browse_6_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_6" x="1023" active="@@act-browselist-6" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_6"/>
</wrapper>

<!--thumbnaili_f -->
<wrapper y="452" w="126" h="179" align="hcenter" scale="100" scale_type="fixratio" selected_scale="100">
    <image name="th0_f" image="@@browse_0_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_0" x="141" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_0"/>
    <image name="th1_f" image="@@browse_1_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_1" x="287" active="@@act-browselist-1" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_1"/>
    <image name="th2_f" image="@@browse_2_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_2" x="433" active="@@act-browselist-2" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_2"/>
    <image name="th3_f" image="@@browse_3_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_3" x="579" active="@@act-browselist-3" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_3"/>
    <image name="th4_f" image="@@browse_4_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_4" x="725" active="@@act-browselist-4" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_4"/>
    <image name="th5_f" image="@@browse_5_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_5" x="871" active="@@act-browselist-5" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_5"/>
    <image name="th6_f" image="@@browse_6_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_6" x="1018" active="@@act-browselist-6" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_6"/>
</wrapper>

<!--folder thumbnail -->
<wrapper y="460" w="114" h="161" align="hcenter" scale="100" scale_type="fixratio" selected_scale="100">
	<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th0" default_image="@@thumb_folder_0_default_image" x="147" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@folder_disable_0"/>
	<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th1" default_image="@@thumb_folder_1_default_image" x="293" active="@@act-browselist-1" disable="@@folder_disable_1"/>
	<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th2" default_image="@@thumb_folder_2_default_image" x="439" active="@@act-browselist-2" disable="@@folder_disable_2"/>
	<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th3" default_image="@@thumb_folder_3_default_image" x="585" active="@@act-browselist-3" disable="@@folder_disable_3"/>
	<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th4" default_image="@@thumb_folder_4_default_image" x="731" active="@@act-browselist-4" disable="@@folder_disable_4"/>
	<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th5" default_image="@@thumb_folder_5_default_image" x="877" active="@@act-browselist-5" disable="@@folder_disable_5"/>
	<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th6" default_image="@@thumb_folder_6_default_image" x="1023" active="@@act-browselist-6" disable="@@folder_disable_6"/>
</wrapper>

<!--folder thumbnail_f -->
<wrapper y="452" w="126" h="179" align="hcenter" scale="100" scale_type="fixratio" selected_scale="100">
	<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th0" default_image="@@thumb_folder_0_default_image" x="141" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@folder_f_disable_0"/>
	<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th1" default_image="@@thumb_folder_1_default_image" x="287" active="@@act-browselist-1" disable="@@folder_f_disable_1"/>
	<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th2" default_image="@@thumb_folder_2_default_image" x="433" active="@@act-browselist-2" disable="@@folder_f_disable_2"/>
	<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th3" default_image="@@thumb_folder_3_default_image" x="579" active="@@act-browselist-3" disable="@@folder_f_disable_3"/>
	<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th4" default_image="@@thumb_folder_4_default_image" x="725" active="@@act-browselist-4" disable="@@folder_f_disable_4"/>
	<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th5" default_image="@@thumb_folder_5_default_image" x="871" active="@@act-browselist-5" disable="@@folder_f_disable_5"/>
	<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th6" default_image="@@thumb_folder_6_default_image" x="1018" active="@@act-browselist-6" disable="@@folder_f_disable_6"/>
</wrapper>

<!--focus -->
<wrapper y="448" w="134" h="187" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100">
    <image image="@@frame_0" x="137"/>
    <image image="@@frame_1" x="283"/>
    <image image="@@frame_2" x="429"/>
    <image image="@@frame_3" x="575"/>
    <image image="@@frame_4" x="721"/>
    <image image="@@frame_5" x="867"/>
    <image image="@@frame_6" x="1013"/>
</wrapper>

<!--egg poster thumbnail-->

<image image="@@poster_bg" x="57" y="172" w="176" h="261" align="hcenter"/>
<image image="@@poster" x="57" y="172" w="176" h="261" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100"/>

</widgetghost>
<image image="@@bg-PIP_ZOOM" x="620" y="250" w="49" h="42" disable="@@disable-PIP_ZOOM" active="@@act-PIP_ZOOM"/>
<image image="@@play_stat" x="787" y="406" w="35" h="40"/>
<image image="@@speed_stat" x="823" y="414" w="39" h="21"/>

<text x="450" y="160" w="372" h="26" text="@@text-options" fontsize="24" textcolor="0x07b5ff" align="hcenter" disable="@@disable-text-options"/>
<include filename="./rv_multi_edit_widgets_for_gallery.xml"/>
<include filename="./rv_browse_common_widgets_new.xml"/>
<include filename="./inc_loading.xml"/>
<include filename="./decoration.xml"/>
<include filename="./info.xml"/>
</page>

Ā Just make a theme using the above 1 file modified and upload it to WDTV LIVE SMP and you will be good to go!Ā :wink:

Cheers!

Thanks Vistawall, that gives me a greater understanding of what is going on, will try over the weekend.

From what you say the defult theme is hardwired in so to speak, so if i make mistakes, then the way i understand you, is that a factory reset, will put it all back to its orginal state ?

Thanks again.

Tony0204,

You do not need for a factory reset to get the Default Theme back, It will always be available alongside your own personal theme. If your theme does not work you can switch back to the default theme.

Basically, WDTV LIVE SMP has capablity to host *JUST* one additional theme at any given point in time apart from the default theme which is available for selection at all times. (This is by design as there is limited FLASH memory allocated to the themes)

WDTVLIVE HUB media player however can host a lot more themes for selection as it has built-in 1TB HDD where the all Themes are loaded! and it is super easy to upload themes by mapping the WDTV LIVE HUB HDD.

Any theme written for WDTV LIVE HUB (based on 2.xx or 3.xx firmware (Preferably 3.xx firmware) must work for WDTV Live SMP as long as the WEB GUI (The only way to upload user themes) accepts the file structure and File Size requirements. (I have seen it accept file size in the upper 20-30MB)

Good Luck and let us know your results.

:smiley:

Thanks

Extracted rv_gallery_browse_page.xml file from the GPL code and made the changes. Then put into .zip file ( only containing this file ) being hopeful, using the web interface and Firefox to upload and got error msg ā€œinvalid file, please correct fileā€.

Being thoughtful that most themes are complete themes that are uploaded, but bearing in mind you saying that only the modified files need to changed, I investigated further.

It turns out that you can do just that ā€“ upload say just one file, but the ā€œmeta.xmlā€ file from GPL code needs to also be included. So with just the two files it works.

Thanks ā€“ I now understand the mechanism of what happing. This may not be technically correct, but for other users to understand :-

A copy of the default theme is held permanently in flash and can not be modified. A copy of this is used for the working theme. Any modifications ā€“ large or small that are uploaded, are made to this working copy, making it the current modified theme.

While I am here, ( should post to Mini-Themes thread )

Which part of the code in ā€œrv_gallery_browse_page.xmlā€ will get rid of the larger movie icon ( cover icon ) in the upper middle left hand side of Gallery view ?

Using the default Mochi theme but with the edited ā€œrv_gallery_browse_pageā€ I want to just display a moviesheetĀ  in Gallery view ( done by editing the say avarta.xml file ) This works fine. But the image ( which is an overlay on the background) is faded and darkened increasinglyĀ  to the bottom of the image. Done with intent I guess to work nicely with the Mochi theme.

Can I make the image overlay with full brightness i.e. not faded in any way at all.?

Thanks again Vistawall

Tony0204,

Thanks for your feeback. Looks that you are almost there! - Good workĀ :smiley:

As far as the background overlay you can remove this code in the file rv_gallery_browse_page.xmlĀ 

<image image="image/Gallery/video_browse_gallery_overlay.png" x="0" y="0" w="1280" h="720" bg="1"/>

That should take care of the overlay and display your movie backdrops in full brightness !Ā 

As far as the larger movie icon ( cover icon ) in the upper middle left hand side of Gallery view removal, Ā I feel that you need to tweak many other files, See the file (Theme experts can chime in on this)

rv_browse_common_widgets_new.xml

I am not a real software expert programmer so my knowledge is somewhat limitedĀ :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers!

1 Like