Default subtitles "on" doesn't work

Like the title says, I set my subs to be “ON” by default but every time I watch a movie I must press the “subtitles” button to see them.  Anybody else?

Thats the reverse of mine. I set mine to default off and they always start on.  Must be a firmware bug somewhere, it didnt do it on the last firmware.

I have same problem with default subtitles.

Have you tried setting default to OFF for having them on or default to ON for having them off?

Perhaps the function somehow got reversed!

Frillen wrote:

Have you tried setting default to OFF for having them on or default to ON for having them off?

Perhaps the function somehow got reversed!

I’d say that seems to be the case based upon these responses.  This certainly doesn’t inspire confidence in WDs code writers.

Well I tried off instead of on as default but I still must press the subs button when viewing a new video.

ram1009 wrote:

Well I tried off instead of on as default but I still must press the subs button when viewing a new video.

I cannot reproduce such behavior on my Hub, I’m wondering if it’s MKV movies you experience this with?

If so it could be that the subtitle isn’t set to default track, try examing it in MKVmerge or another tool that can view MKV.

Frillen wrote:

ram1009 wrote:

I cannot reproduce such behavior on my Hub, I’m wondering if it’s MKV movies you experience this with?

If so it could be that the subtitle isn’t set to default track, try examing it in MKVmerge or another tool that can view MKV.

I’m viewing VOB files.