Data recovery possible,if I had password protection on WD

Hello,

I lost my WD (250 GB)…and I curse the one who has it now! :confounded:

It had all the important information about my work and books etc etc that I collected over 6 years.

I had a password protection turned on for that.

Would it be possible for the ‘thief’ to recover the data after he has formatted the WD (thus getting rid of the password), by using any recovery software?? (Free or paid recovery softwares?)

Do let me know…m worried.

Regards,

Achu123

The encryption will work in this case.

The burglar will have to erase all data before he can access the drive.  There is no way to connect to the drive without the password other than erasing the drives content.

Please send me a PM with the serial number for the drive so we can proceed to add notes to the serial number for the stolen drive.

Sorry for your lost.

Hello Robothief,

I brought it while I was in Germany, I don’t have any receipt or number with me.

It had important information and my hard earned knowledge…fotos too.

I am concerned about my data now, and I don’t want anyone to access the same.

I am worried if a strong data recovery s/w could recover the files after the ‘thief (moron)’ would format the disk to get rid of the password.

Do you confirm that the encryption won’t allow any recovery even after format?

Do let me know…I would sleep at peace (BTW I got a new WD element )

Regards,

Achu

You can sleep well at night.

The password protection was created in case of situations like the one you had.

Enjoy your new drive!

1 Like

i have WD passport 1TB hard disk.my WD is password protected…but last day some one formated my hard drive when it password protected…so i want to know how to take back my data…WD show in disk management and it shoe’s 930GB free…i lost 800GB my data…i want to take back …any one can help me to do that/

Saman_1970 wrote:
i have WD passport 1TB hard disk.my WD is password protected…but last day some one formated my hard drive when it password protected…so i want to know how to take back my data…WD show in disk management and it shoe’s 930GB free…i lost 800GB my data…i want to take back …any one can help me to do that/

You could try a data recovery company. That’s if you have the password for the encryption. But once it gets overwritten, it may be hard to recover.

You are in luck if he formats all info will be erased