Dashboard does not Detect WD Black SN750 on USB adapter

Dashboard, ver, 3.4.2.9, Does not detect my WD Black SN750 2TB SSD.
WD Black SN750 2TB , installed in an external Sabrent Enclosure connected via USB 3.1 port.

This is a Windows 10 system, on and HP EVNY Laptop.
The Drive is seen in the File System, Mounted as Drive (E), and I am able to Read/Write and xfer files to/from the drive.

Any help accepted.

Is the enclosure rated for NVMe? Some enclosures will only support SATA over m.2.

Yes its rated for NVMe, and works well as a data drive, mounts in Windows FS, and is useable for R/W files to/from to the PC.
[Sabrent Enclosure](https://USB 3.2 Type-C Tool-Free Enclosure for M.2 PCIe NVMe and SATA SSDs (EC-SNVE))
USB 3.2 Type-C Tool-Free Enclosure for M.2 PCIe NVMe and SATA SSDs (EC-SNVE)

The SSD is detected by the Acronis software.

Hi. I’m getting the same issue. Dashboard sees there is a WD drive present but gives it an odd model number and doesn’t support status performance health or SMART. Any ideas. Thanks

I think you have a way different problem.
My issue is explained, the problem is Windows see the WD external ssd as a Disk Volume, but the hardware sees it as a USB device. Dashboard does not even recognize its present, although it works as expected other wise.

@JetSetJimbo it sounds like what you are describing is that the adapter is surfacing the device with only a SCSI interface to the system.

Currently Dashboard only has limited support for the SCSI interface, which is why you see missing features.

1 Like

@krash it could be that the enclosure is modifying the manufacturer identification or there is some other failure with the software causing the drive not to be seen. You should open a ticket with WD technical support to debug this.

1 Like

I have a ticket open, and the answer is the same… Dashboard can’t see drive in Sabrent USB enclosure.

Thanks for help. We’ve returned the SSD as not fully compliant with the mobo

I have the same issue with Sabrent USB enclosure, WD dashboard cannot see the NVME drive, the problem is there is an update for the firmware but I cannot perform the update.
I was only able to update the drive attached to my machine, so wondering if there is a solution, is WD working on a solution I wonder.