Dashboard 4.1.2.4 start, but no main window

Hello,

With 4.0.4.20 I had the same bug. The app load, but no window visible. In safe mode, the app works perfect:

1 Like

Have you tried restoring the system to its original state?

I have the same problem. Just updated as the previous version did not work but the same problem with the new version. Its unbelievable how many people have problems with the WD Dashboard software. Had various SSD brands before the supporting app always worked. A shame for WD.

I am having the same problem with Windows 11 and WD Dashboard (4.1.2.4). When I launch WD Dashboard the only result is that an icon appears in the Taskbar. There is no actual application window and clicking on the icon in the Taskbar does nothing.

I have the same problem. Just updated as the previous version did not work but the same problem with the new version. Its unbelievable how many people have problems with the WD Dashboard software. Had various SSD brands before the supporting app always worked. A shame for WD.
Tellthebell

I’m essentially having the exact same problem.

The application starts (I get the splash screen) but then the splash screen eventually disappears and as soon as I mouse over the icon in the toolbar, the icon also disappears.

I tried in safe mode but same thing.

Does anyone know where WD keeps older versions of Dashboard?

Dan

Has anyone found a solution or workaround for this yet?

I have an erroring drive that I need to run diagnostics on so that it can be returned for RMA.

I’m having the same problem with version 4.1.2.4 on Windows 10. The Dashboard program will install, but when I try to open it I get the icon in the taskbar, but it will not open/come to the foreground. If I hover over it with the mouse or use ALT-TAB, I can see there is a black screen there, with the version number displayed top left, but nothing else. As soon as I release ALT-TAB the application minimises itself again.

Thank you