Darklight (Beta v3) release - UPDATE 4-25-12

shaunl wrote:

Wow - TW this theme is fantastic. I’ve installed the Mojo theme and really like it but Darklight is more to my taste.

I own the SMP latest model - before I dive in the deep end and see if it will work on the SMP I thought it best to ask your thoughts. Do you think it will work if I install it on the SMP?

Cheers

Loaded Tinwarbles Darklight (Beta) theme on my SMP today, just  copied the meta.xml file from his Mojo theme into Darklight, zipped it and it loaded all o.k. Using firmware version V1.04.12

Ritaben - 

Did you get the cover art thumbnail transparency to work? (SMP)

I have tried the original Mojo and the transparency does not work for me on 1.04 or 1.06 firmware. Also the cover art thumbs are chopped at the bottom.

Has anyone got it to work on SMP I wonder?

Ya sorry, I know this is the HUB forum, but we have needs too! ;D 

Ugh, had I known SMP was screwed for themes I would have easily paid an extra $100 for a HUB so I wouldn’t have to use welfare Mochi theme.

No, as far as I know transparency for thumbs will not work on the SMP.  It has, pretty much, the same firmware as what has been released for the HUB which does not allow for the .png/.jpg trick that allows thumbs to display with transparency.

The only way to get this to work on the HUB is to run earlier firmware versions, 2.07.17 or earlier.

It has been requested that WD fix this issue, and they have said that they are looking into it.   So, hopefully this will be fixed in later releases for both the HUB and the SMP.

I wouldn’t hold my breath though. :cry:

BUMP for update 1-29-12.

Hi Tinwarble ! Do you have a change log for this release?

Hey Josh_K,

No as this is still in beta (actually pre-beta) I’m not doing a change log yet.  But the changes can be seen mostly in the screen shots.

See the screenshots below “WHAT HAS BEEN UPDATED FOR “BETA v2” RELEASE.”

I just download the new update but I don´t scroll down when I enter on the first post so I was not able to see the new screen shoots, now I see what been updated. Thanks Tinwarble.

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

For those that want to take a look, Download here: Taboo (Menu)

2 Likes

Spoilt for choice…best thing is I can now swap between MOJO and Darklight without having to change any of my covers or moviesheets…thanks TW

Above Homescreen Looks great too - Loving the choices

Tinwarble wrote:

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

For those that want to take a look, Download here: Taboo (Menu)

Haven’t tried this menu yet but I thought you might lked to know I just posted the following on the SMP site.

Downloaded Tinwables “Darklight Beta v2” theme and copied both folders (Image & Screenshot) & xml files into his “Mojo” theme replacing any files/folders windows 7 asked for, called the new folder Mojo&Darklight. Then deleted some folders I don’t use from the “Image” folder i.e shoutcast, youtube, facebook to get correct size for new zip folder, zipped it and uploaded to SMP and it works  and looks GREAT. Using firmware version 1.04.12

Thank you Tinwarble

Hi Tinwarble,

I am using your Darklight (Beta v2) with your “Taboo” menu on my SMP and it works great (firmware v1.04.12).

If I could ask a request, not knowing how to create themes myself , is it possible to animate the Taboo menu item that you want to select, I know the item to select is always in the middle of the screen items but is it possible to animate/enlarge it, likeyou have done with your basic Darklight menu. 

Keep up the great work.

Cheers

ritaben,

It is possible to animate the Taboo icons, but right now I have no plans to do so.  The reason why is because to get the effect of the menu having transparent icons I have disable the focused icon which is necessary for the animation to work.

Unfortunately WD has made it so the focus icon can not be made to display with transparency due to the “black box” issue.  See HERE.   I do have a work around so that the focused icon will give the apperance of being transparent, but that requires using the background image that I supplied.

Also, just so that you know, Taboo will eventully be its own theme.  It was not meant to be something that was supposed to be used with Darklight.  I had been doing some work making some background images for a friend, and when I made the background image that comes with the Taboo menu I got the idea for Taboo and decided to share it with the community.

Right now I’m focused on finishing Darklight, which is being delayed due to the lack of free time that I have right now.  When I get through with it though, I will get to work on getting Taboo online.

1 Like

Thank you Tinwarble for your explanation of what it takes to animate the icons and the link to the blackbox site.

I am definitely a fan of your themes so will be following Darklight & Taboo closely.

Cheers

Followed that link to the Black Box, commented and voted!

JMHO

Anything that makes life easier for those that theme should either be resolved or have an explaination for why it can’t/won’t be changed.

How do I change the text colour of the “compiling media library…”, in the xml file the colour is shown as a code if I’m not mistaken i.e “0x909090”. Can I change the colour to red and if so what is the code?

Cheers

The compiling media library will be in the next release as it has not been in the current releases.

But to change the text yourself it’s in the “inc_compiling_media_library.xml”, to change it to red you would change this line.

<text text=“@@info_rolling_message” x=“421” y=“154” w=“438” h=“36” fontsize=“20” speed=“1” delay=“2” align=“hcenter” textcolor=“0xffffff” auto_translate=“1” />

Changing the green part to “ff0000”

2 Likes

Thank you TW

Hi TW,

Been trying your theme out - and I love it.  Have found it a little bit slower loading than Mojo but nothing that I cant handle.  The Kids however complained they couldnt see what movie was higlighted .  Loved the black but missed the Mojo Arrows!!  Im not clever enough to add the arrows so have had to change back .  LOL whos TV is it anyway…

If there is any way (not too difficult ) to add a larger Highlight or arrows would you be able to advise.

Thanks again

Hey gladster,

The arrows are in the counter.  If you look at the counter you’ll notice that it goes purple to the left and right depending on where your at scrolling.  I did not do away with the arrows, it’s just that they are implemented differently.

Also, I’m working on speeding things up somewhat.  Just remember this is still in beta and things will eventually change as I get closer to an official release.

Where can I find a list of those color codes?