D: Drive Sync

It would be great if the device could be synced to folders within the D:

The only files on my C: are programs, system files, and actively used documents. Everything else that falls under the category of long-term storage is located on the D:. So pictures, music, movies, etc. That means the stock sync feature is useless to me.

Personally, I find this to be a basic and necessary feature. I did look at more robust NAS’s, but they are overkill for our basic needs. One WD rep suggested getting the WD Pro series device, however, those units are frankly over priced for the other options on the market.

I think adding this feature, along with the ability to share individuals folders without constant use of a link would really elevate this device. I’d like to say such in inclusion would increase sales, and that may be the case, but it certainly will help prevent returns. I almost did when I found out I couldn’t sync from the D: drive. Had I also discovered the lack of share functionality within my return window, I definitely would have. I haven’t ruled out taking that up with WD, though.

For D: drive sync, we’ve had a few other people request this as well. Can’t give a specific ETA but the team is looking at this.

Thanks

Matt
My Cloud Home Product Team

Thank you. I am new to these boards and am impressed with the feedback provided by WD staff.