Customizing the look of my wdtv live streamer

I am new to this and I have got most everything with my wdlive streamer working but I would like to change a few things with the look of the folders I view.  I will try to explain what I am trying to do so everyone can understand but I am new to this so my terminology might be a bit off.

Ok.  When I go to watch my movies I would like it to look as follows:  (I am sorting by folder) 

Go to videos on the home screen. Click it and see public.

In public I see videos…

Now in videos I am making genera folders ie… Comedy, Action, Romance etc…ect…

I am putting my own pictures in each of the folders that One sees.  I have a good picture showing up on the public folder, As well as on the Shared Videos folder but when I go to my genera folders, It always shows the poster of the  first video in that folder.  It is kinda deceiving because inside that folder is were all the movies are.  I would like my own pic  to show on that folder but can not figure it out.   I am using a .jpg pic and have tryed to name it “A” and “1” for alphanumeric order and also i tried putting a small video clip with it and naming to clip the same  “A” or “1” , and this did not work.  I have tried a lot of things with no luck…  Can someone help…

My wdlive streamer is only about  1 week old and I am using it with a mybooklive  if that info helps. 

Hope I explained this OK so you all know what I am after.    Thanks in advance for any responses//

rename any file that ends in “metathumb” to “jpg”

For example

becomes

Do that with all such files.

can i change my .jpg to .metathumb  that would be easier???  

bcgator wrote:

I am new to this and I have got most everything with my wdlive streamer working but I would like to change a few things with the look of the folders I view.  I will try to explain what I am trying to do so everyone can understand but I am new to this so my terminology might be a bit off.

Ok.  When I go to watch my movies I would like it to look as follows:  (I am sorting by folder) 

Go to videos on the home screen. Click it and see public.

In public I see videos…

Now in videos I am making genera folders ie… Comedy, Action, Romance etc…ect…

I am putting my own pictures in each of the folders that One sees.  I have a good picture showing up on the public folder, As well as on the Shared Videos folder but when I go to my genera folders, It always shows the poster of the  first video in that folder.  It is kinda deceiving because inside that folder is were all the movies are.  I would like my own pic  to show on that folder but can not figure it out.   I am using a .jpg pic and have tryed to name it “A” and “1” for alphanumeric order and also i tried putting a small video clip with it and naming to clip the same  “A” or “1” , and this did not work.  I have tried a lot of things with no luck…  Can someone help…

My wdlive streamer is only about  1 week old and I am using it with a mybooklive  if that info helps. 

Hope I explained this OK so you all know what I am after.    Thanks in advance for any responses//

Had same problem when I upgradedto latest firmware, reverted to my original firmware V1.04.12 and problem disappeared. Original folder.jpg’s showed correctly.

Check your firmware version, it might be worth changing. If you do want to change firmware here is link (instructions included on page).

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860

Cheers