Could not reset the server to factory default settings

I am trying to reset my WD Sentinel DX4000 (with 2 x 2TB drives) to factory default. After pressing the reset button and powering on, for a while it displayed recovery started.
I follow the instructions prompted on the recover your server dialog box and select “reset the server to factory default settings and do not delete data from my hard drives” and continue clicking next until an error displayed this messages:
Could not reset the server to factory default settings
Your server was not reset to the factory default settings. Resolve the issue, and then restart the server recovery process.
Error code: 0x80070005

Can anyone kindly advice what went wrong? I have tried downloading the WD recovery software from PANAM and APAC site. Thanks.

Why are you trying to reset? Did it show an error or have issues?
Do you have data on it you need?

First step is to verify the MD5 of the download. If it matches then try a different brand thumb drive.

Verify your download

C:\Users\Budro\Downloads\PANAM_SvrRecovery_1_7_6_21_.iso:
Verified: Unsigned
File date: 1:53 AM 1/14/2017
MD5: 32031F2454D3510D7CE2BF5891F7D25D
SHA1: EF0E132813182B2202A5FF54180C840BEE44F59E
SHA256: 6D511FC43FEFBC088E6A069397539B575AA6E81067D0A5BC81E1FEF12CDCD1B1

if the data is important to be safe you should look for raid recovery software
you need to check the md5 hash whatever to make sure you have a good download. 95% of the time a bad dl is the problem doing a recovery that fails somewhere

So this .ISO is for the DX4000 only?

PANAM_SvrRecovery_1_7_6_21_.iso

I found a copy today on an old HDD, hoping it might apply to the ds6100

no it will not work on the 6100

Apologies, should have replied that I figured it out with some google-fu shortly thereafter. I just acquired 3 ds6100’s hoping to get an image from at least one of the drives with a factory image in place. First one appears to be quite dead. Moving on soon to numbers 2 and 3

Best i remember is you install 2012r2 essentials (Download from Microsoft) then run this file

WDinstall.bat

I would probably remove any of the removeable drives while install server.

Thanks @Gramps Managed a fresh install of server 2016 without any storage drives nor the b side boot drive in the mix, with everything configured I’m adding in the b side boot drive to see if the Marvell utility will auto-recreate the RAID1 or if I still need to do some tom-trickery.

Let me know. The best I remember I never figured it out. Somehow I think they shipped the one drive 5100 in a broken raid so when you put the second drive in it automagicly rebuilt the raid.

Ended up using an HPE Proliant G10 Microserver with a Marvell RAID controller to create the raid set, then moved it to the DS6100 Booted with a PE Disk that merged the Marvell RAID driver to and ran Windows Server 2016 setup from another thumb drive

To resolve it, make sure your network connection is solid, temporarily disable any firewall or antivirus software, and consider using a different USB drive for the recovery process.