Copying pictures across from photo library to My Cloud folder - Videos not copying

I am trying to copy pictures and videos from my photo library to the MyCloud. Only the images are copying across and the video files are not. they are being converted to jpeg files.

What type of videos? Have you checked in the User Manual for your generation of My Cloud to see if they will work on My Cloud?

https://support.wdc.com/product.aspx?ID=904&lang=en

Copying using what program or application? On what computer or mobile device? What format are the pictures/video in on the computer or mobile device? Are you copying to a remote network My Cloud or to a My Cloud on the same local network as the computer or mobile device?

Hi - I’m using my MacBook. The pictures and videos are on my photo library.

The pictures are .jpg and are copied across and the videos are .mov which are copied across ans converted to .jpg

The My cloud I’m copying across to is on the same local network.

When I try uploading the video and image from my phone to My Cloud folder via the app it works ok. But because I’ve got over a 1000 pictures and videos to copy across it’s easier to do via laptop.

Copying using what program or app? Mac Finder or some other program/app on the MacBook?

The My Cloud shouldn’t be converting anything as it is generally a network attached storage device. Best guess without knowing what specific program you are using to perform the copy is the conversion is being done during the copy process by the Mac.

This assumes you are using a My Cloud and not a My Cloud Home which is a different device.

Thanks - so we using the WD My Cloud - EX2 Ultra. Is this the same as either of the versions you mentioned?

I’m using my MacBook Air to copy it across. No apps. The cloud has been mapped to My Finder so I’m just copying it across.

I have checked and there are no apps on the App Store I can use to copy across. Should I be doing it a different way?

The EX2 Ultra is a different device than the single bay My Cloud, the general subject of this subforum. The EX2 subforum may have more information or past discussions relevant to your issue.

https://community.wd.com/c/network-attached-storage/wd-my-cloud-ex2

Because the multi bay My Cloud models support third party apps. It is possible one of those apps may be causing the issue you are experiencing. You may want to check your My Cloud EX2 Ultra Dashboard to see what apps, if any, are installed and then research if those app(s) could be the cause of your issue.