Copying files from a USB to the EX$

Dear,

Kindly note that i am trying to copy around 250 GB from an external hard disk to my EX4.

I was using windows explorer and it took around 3 days to reach 12%, with plenty of error like the destination is not reachable or file in use or connection lost (i have tried it even with a lan cable)

i tried with USB backup to NAS, i had a discrepency when getting and comparing the properties from both source and destination and it is no way i can backup or copy folder by folder and compare. i mean the number of files were not matching and not even the size of the folders.

is there any application that i can use on my windows to be able to manage folders on the EX4 ?

or any other solution ?

another question :

when i use the backup from USB to NAS, the system is creation a very long path where it is storing my backup.

like taking the backup job name, the external drive name, etc…

another question:

if with my admin user and from my laptop i tried to delete a folder that i have created in a specific share, i am getting a message that i do not have permission !!! i can do so but with my iphone device.

any explanation ?

Thanks

Richard.

1-Hello zakhoric, to improve your transfer rate check the recommendations on the following link. 

When transferring large files to or from a Personal Cloud drive, performance may be slower than expected

To manage the files in the EX4 you can use the WD desktop app.

Installing and using the WD My Cloud Desktop App 

2-This is the intended way the backup job is organized.

3-Are you trying to delete the files from a private share? 

How were you actually trying to connect to the EX4; were you mapping share folders?  Also, you need to keep in mind that you have to manage folders - remove, add, rename them - through the drive’s user interface.