Continuing the discussion from HDD Replacement (Single Drive):

Continuing the discussion from HDD Replacement (Single Drive):

Great Job Fox_exe, thanks a lot, I did debrick my dead device following your instructions (tftp method)
I was trying to reproduce how I did break my device and it was because I ran an apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade that left packaging system completly broken, trying to repair with aptitude wroke havoc.
So I see that after resetting device and installing latest firmware from WD web interface, system is completely old-dated with no possible solution as apt-get upgrade will fail (and any attempt to solve it: apt-get -f install, etc) Indeed, just after latest firmware install, apt-update will complain about missing keys, this one is easily solved with: apt-key adv

Regards.
PD: I miss WD providing the recovery images instead of one volunteer hosting them in google-drive :frowning: , thanks again Fox_exe for it

Two problems:

1. System software is patched for “64kb memory page size” (By default its 4kb on all system in the world…)
  2. wd-nas app have almost all dependencies in apt. So jsut remove this records from dpkg cache and system allow you to upgrade (From my repo, for example. Why not from official repo? Read p.1)

Alternative solution - Chroot’ed debian, where you can install all what i have in my repo (Or build rebuild official packages).
Note: On firmware v03.xx possible to youse “Normal” software, because system dosn’t have “64k” patch inside.