Content Scan Status always stops at 38%

Hi community,

Every time I run a scan of my media files the process halts at 38% of the Music Tracks scan. Have you also experienced this? Is there something I can do to get this process to complete the scan?

Regards and thanks in advance!

Eduardo

It seems that some users have fixed this issue with:

update-rc.d wdphotodbmergerd stop
update-rc.d wdmcserverd stop

and if you don’t want them to start after a reboot:

update-rc.d wdphotodbmergerd disable
update-rc.d wdmcserverd disable

I’ve tried it myself and it is now scanning…will let you know if it now goes over 38%

Cheers

Left it scanning all night and more than 12h later it’s going painfully slow and it has only scanned half of the music files…

In the beginning of the scan the wdmcserver.log was logging these messages every 2-3 minutes:

Jan 23 22:08:48 WDMyCloud logger: getDlnaDbInfo.sh: twonky_direct_get_info() failure 1 getting Twonky progress. Display
 in progress instead.
Jan 23 22:10:24 WDMyCloud logger: getDlnaDbInfo.sh: get_real_time_media_counts() failure 28 getting Twonky counts. Proc eed with persistent counts.
Jan 23 22:10:24 WDMyCloud logger: getDlnaDbInfo.sh: get_real_time_media_counts() failure 28 getting Twonky counts. Proc eed with persistent counts.
Jan 23 22:13:11 WDMyCloud logger: getDlnaDbInfo.sh: get_real_time_media_counts() failure 28 getting Twonky counts. Proceed with persistent counts.

Now there are several of those every minute:

Jan 24 10:48:00 WDMyCloud logger: getDlnaDbInfo.sh: get_real_time_media_counts() failure 28 getting Twonky counts. Proceed with persistent counts.
Jan 24 10:48:08 WDMyCloud logger: getDlnaDbInfo.sh: twonky_direct_get_info() failure 1 getting Twonky progress. Display in progress instead.
Jan 24 10:48:14 WDMyCloud logger: getDlnaDbInfo.sh: get_real_time_media_counts() failure 28 getting Twonky counts. Proceed with persistent counts.
Jan 24 10:48:15 WDMyCloud logger: getDlnaDbInfo.sh: get_real_time_media_counts() failure 28 getting Twonky counts. Proceed with persistent counts.
Jan 24 10:48:21 WDMyCloud logger: getDlnaDbInfo.sh: twonky_direct_get_info() failure 1 getting Twonky progress. Display in progress instead.
Jan 24 10:48:21 WDMyCloud logger: getDlnaDbInfo.sh: twonky_direct_get_info() failure 1 getting Twonky progress. Display in progress instead.
Jan 24 10:48:33 WDMyCloud logger: getDlnaDbInfo.sh: get_real_time_media_counts() failure 28 getting Twonky counts. Proceed with persistent counts.
Jan 24 10:48:33 WDMyCloud logger: getDlnaDbInfo.sh: get_real_time_media_counts() failure 28 getting Twonky counts. Proceed with persistent counts.
Jan 24 10:48:39 WDMyCloud logger: getDlnaDbInfo.sh: twonky_direct_get_info() failure 1 getting Twonky progress. Display in progress instead.
Jan 24 10:48:39 WDMyCloud logger: getDlnaDbInfo.sh: twonky_direct_get_info() failure 1 getting Twonky progress. Display in progress instead.
Jan 24 10:48:40 WDMyCloud logger: getDlnaDbInfo.sh: twonky_direct_get_info() failure 1 getting Twonky progress. Display in progress instead.

What does this mean? Is there any way I can improve it??

Finally I’ve decided to switch off the iTunes media server. Now there is no file scan and the drive seems to work much better. I can finally use it as an external location for my iTunes library without problems (for the moment).