Content info not showing from network drive

Hi I am hoping for a solution I used to have about 3TB of movies plugged directly into the WDTVlive hub and it catagorised and showed all the movie thumbs and  content info which looked great for searching and reviewing movies…this since crashed so i bought a WD 8TB my book ( for reliabilty and future expansion backup etc.), this has to be plugged into my pc and then network shared to the WDTV live…

Again after some sharing issues with Win10 this now works fine to store and view all my movies/files…however I cannot get the content info or metathumb data info showing from my network onto the WDTV live.

1. question is this because I am only hooked up via my pc network now??

2. is there a way to get the content nifo showing from my pc/mybook duo onto the media library and view the thumbs and reviews for movies as previously…??? 

I have tried adding network share to the media library but nothig updates i.e. does say “compiling media library” or updating from network…

any help would be greatly appreciated… 

regards DB

Hi, I have not tried this, but if it was me, I would try connecting the drive to the media player for the media library to be created and then connect the drive to the computer and see if it shows over the network.

I initally tried connecting the My Book duo to the WDTVlive but nothing was recognised or happened, reading the box on the My Book duo say it should be connected to a pc and says nothing about connecting it to other devices…

so does any one know if  the WDTV live media player normally show content info for media that is connected by a network and is not directly plugged into the WDTV live unit.???

regards DB 

dablanke wrote:

So does any one know if  the WDTV live media player normally show content info for media that is connected by a network and is not directly plugged into the WDTV live unit.???

Sure.  As long as the Content Source is set to My Media Library or Network Share…