Connection to windows 7 PC thru Media Server option

I’m experiencing some troubles when connecting to W7 media library from the hub by using Media Server option: Sometimes the W7 appears on the list of media servers and sometimes doesn’t. Even when it appears and I get to connect the hub to it, the media server is suddenly disconnected after some minutes watching a movie.

I’ve followed the instructions for sharing windows media library and “play to” functionality works wiith no problem.

I’d appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks.

Give us more information of your network setup. It can help others to try to determent why is doing this.

cuernudo wrote:

Give us more information of your network setup. It can help others to try to determent why is doing this.

I’ve double checked network setup against Windows 7 and Wd TV hub instructions, and I can’t see any missed or wrong step.

I’ve verified that, inmediatly after a complete shutdown of the Hub, it works properly during a short period of time and then it loss connection (even if I’m watching a movie). Reconnection is only possible after a new complete shutdown.

However, I don´t have problems when accessing windows 7 from amother wd tv live device.

Regards. 

Are you connecting all this wirelessly or wired?  If you mentioned this already, I missed it.

Anyway, if you are connected wirelessly, it could be a weak signal strength condition, so your hardware appears then disappears.

mike27oct wrote:

Are you connecting all this wirelessly or wired?  If you mentioned this already, I missed it.

Anyway, if you are connected wirelessly, it could be a weak signal strength condition, so your hardware appears then disappears.

Although  wireless signal is pretty stable, I’ve checked it with both type of connections.

Anyway, wd tv live works with no problem.